Tribute from a Brit
Create Post

Tribute from a Brit

I'm a serving British paratrooper and my unit was attached to 2/11 Marine artillery at Nasiriyah. We got as far as the outskirts of the city and to see all your bootnecks pouring into that place was awe inspiring.
    We fired shells into that place for over 24 hours and still they wanted a fight. Just like to say it was a privledge working with you lads and I'm saddened that you lost so many blokes taking the city.
    AIRBORNE!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Thank you, a lot more of our lads would have been hurt if you hadn't been there to firing shells for 24 hours!

It gives me pride to see the reports that Nasiriyah is now a peaceful city. Our 228 years of tradition would not have it any other way!

Semper Fi!

Shame we left when we did. We all wanted to stay but had to return as our other 2 btys were taking a hammering in Rumaylah. Nice working with you guys though. I'd do it again, no hesitation.

BritPara

Thanks so much for stopping by. It means more to us than you'll ever know. Thank you for being there for our Marines.

God Bless ya Lad.

BritPara, thanks for being there and firing in support of our units over there.
    We lost many, but we would have lost more if your unit wasn't firing in support.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Thread Information