Marine Recon Questions?
Create Post

Cool Marine Recon Questions?

I have a few questions about becomming a Recon Marine. I have 6 years to train for BRC, and I would just like to know a few things. I appologize if any of this has been posted on the leatherneck forums before. I can't find anything that answers these questions, if I do find an answer, someone says one thing and then another person says the opposite (such as if you fail BRC you become 03xx, then another person will say you become open contract).

1. Would it be best to enlist as a 03xx and then apply for BRC in SOI? Or should I enlist with the UZ Reconnaissance Man contract and why?

2. If under a UZ Recon contract, if I were to fail or get injured, will I be become a 03xx or open contract?

3. What are my chances of getting the indoc at SOI if I'm under an infantryman contract? Is it very common for them to ask who wants to be Recon? Or is it rare and I would be taking a chance?

4. Would I go straight from SOI to BRC? Or would I be placed in RIP or something else?

5. If I were an infantryman and already in my unit. Could I apply for BRC or is SOI the only chance I would get?

The contract also requires that I would have to have:
    First Class PFT score
    First Class Swimmers Qualification
    Expert marksmanship

If I were to come up short on any of these, what would happen? I'm conerned because I can train for the physical aspect, but I can't prepare for marksmanship. I would hate if I were to get a UZ Recon contract, then get only marksman or sharpshooter, then become an open contract or standard infantryman.

Thanks in advance and thanks to all Marines.

You should be well above the minimum requirements, they are a joke....though I've never heard of expert marksmanship as a requirment. Many grunts don't put a whole lot of emphasis on the importance of known distance shooting courses.

Anyway, while I think it was better in the past when Marines needed experience before joining the Recon community, I think it would be best to take advantage of the current pipeline programs offerred. Plus I've recently worked with pipeline Recon Marines coming straight from bootcamp/SOI/BRC/RIP pipeline and they were definitely good guys.

Thanks to Dave2571 for pointing this out......

Looks like Adrian Parks has 2 accounts going here.....

Marine Recon Questions?
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=105471

About adcparks
    First Name Adrian
    Last Name Parks
    Current City Raleigh
    Current State North Carolina
    Hometown Raleigh
    Home State North Carolina
    High School Athens Drive High School
    Gender Male
    Ethnicity African American
    Zodiac Sign Leo
    Interests Girls, athletics, fun Favorite
    Quote "You either have what you want or all the reasons you don't." Favorite Color Black
    Favorite Movie Transformers
    Favorite Book Bible

Mini Statistics
    Date of Birth August 14, 1995 (15)
    Join Date 08-13-11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recon to Force Recon/MARSOC?
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=105393

About acparks14
    First Name Adrian
    Last Name Parks
    Favorite Marine N/A
    Current City Raleigh
    Current State North Carolina
    Hometown Raleigh
    Home State North Carolina
    High School Athens Drive High School
    Gender Male
    Ethnicity African American
    Zodiac Sign Leo
    Occupation N/A
    Colleges Attended N/A
    Interests Athletics, learning, and girls
    Favorite Quote "At one point in your life you either have what you want or all the reasons you don't."
    Favorite Color Black
    Favorite Movie Transformers
    Favorite Book Bible

Mini Statistics
    Date of Birth August 14, 1995 (15) Join Date 08-02-11

Yeah I just created a new email adress and I want all my accounts to be tied into my new email adress.

Quote Originally Posted by adcparks View Post
    Yeah I just created a new email adress and I want all my accounts to be tied into my new email adress.
    Go away kid. Go away, you aren't here for anything productive. Your questions are all tired and have been asked a million times before by a million wanna bees' like you. You are not kidding anyone but yourself if you think people don't see right past your stupid questions.

Don't go away mad, but go away. Go to US Army dot com and chat with them.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    adparks14 (16), adparks014 (16), acparks14 (16), adcparks (16)

4 Since July 11, 2011.....

The joy of being young and Internet Whizzs.......

I have a hard time keeping up with one profile

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
    over and over again and expecting different results.'

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Today is his burfday'

I'd wish him HAPPY BURFDAY', but I don't want to do it four times!

Thread Information