Action Shooting Sports
Create Post

Action Shooting Sports

Anyone else here shoot USPSA, IDPA, 3 gun, NRA action pistol?I try to shoot atleast 2 matches a month . I had a lot of fun shooting Div matches, but kept thinking Marines would be better served by a more active type of compitition, vs shooting bullseye stance on a static range.

here's some of my vids before my cam crashed out

Gunfighter

3 gun

Good stuff, Corporal. I've been an avid shooter for some time but never got around to competing. I'm planning on doing some sort of USPSA pistol shooting (probably Single stack, I love my 1911) as soon as I'm done with my MOS school.

You have a long way to go, a long way. But you have to start somewhere.

Where do they shoot IDPA/USPSA/NRA with gloves on in the summer or even in the winter?

That is not what any IDPA/USPSA/NRA matches I have shot allow.

I think you don't know what you are talking about, or maybe you just don't know what you don't know -- but, plenty of Marines shoot more than just bulleye.

I smell fish.

Thumbs up

As for the gloves, IDPA rules state you must run all concealment gear, 'cept Mil and LEO wear duty gear. Sometimes I run my ccw gear, sometimes I run my batman belt. When I do, I wear the issued Frog gloves because doing reloads and such with them is different then running slick,and I think its good practice. The gunfighter match vid has a different set of rules, which ill post when I get to a computer. When I shoot uspsa, I'm in board shorts and toes shoes. When I shoot 3 gun, I usually wear a glove cause I tend to grab close to the front sight and things get hot.

Got any tips there Wook? You always seem grouchy. Atleast you haven't called me fatty yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    Got any tips there Wook? You always seem grouchy. Atleast you haven't called me fatty yet.
    Don't use gloves. That's my tip of the day. Only time I wear gloves, is in the dead of winter for snowball fights or working on my property. Other than that, I, never wear them. Which I guess is the same for 80% if not higher, of the male population -- except those living in Alaska. And when I carry in the dead of the winter I wouldn't wear gloves unless I was at some outdoor event, but the moment I ever sniffed anything going down, the gloves are "coming off".

IDPA is all about doing it how you would be doing it, haha, by that I mean; no race guns, no OWT holsters, no funny stuff. I'm sure rules are bent if not broken at local matches but anything on a state or regional level you ain't gonna see gloves. Trust me, I've been there and have the tshirts and plaques and SWAG to prove it.

My IDPA days are on pause until I get an addition on my house where I can build a reload room in the basement -- cause it chews up a lot of ammo, as does USPSA.

Don't use gloves.

So what happens when I engrain all this muscle memory of doing all my reloads and such sans gloves, then have to wear them downrange? i'm not one of those dudes who wear full kit everytime I go to the range, but some of it is software and some hardware.

Without them, I never have to break my grip for a speed reload. With gloves, i have to roll it in to make sure I hit the mag release.

I'm not saying your wrong, but Im trying to understand why. all you said was just "dont wear gloves".

As far a comps , I realize Im not gonna win any section matches with my ninja belt duty rig. I'm doing it for skills upkeep.If anything it makes me slower. Plus i dont think the rule book mentions gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    So what happens when I engrain all this muscle memory of doing all my reloads and such sans gloves, then have to wear them downrange? i'm not one of those dudes who wear full kit everytime I go to the range, but some of it is software and some hardware.

Without them, I never have to break my grip for a speed reload. With gloves, i have to roll it in to make sure I hit the mag release.

I'm not saying your wrong, but Im trying to understand why. all you said was just "dont wear gloves".

As far a comps , I realize Im not gonna win any section matches with my ninja belt duty rig. I'm doing it for skills upkeep.If anything it makes me slower. Plus i dont think the rule book mentions gloves.
    What is this thread that you started about? You wanna compare apples to oranges, which I figured you would.

Good luck, down range and in the woods with you pals.

Thread Information