Blood stripe question
Create Post

Blood stripe question

I'm in the reserves so I had to take my uniform to be tailored off base. I printed the specs for the lady so it's done correctly but had 2 questions. 1. The 30 degree angle for the service stripe, is that from the bottom line of the stripe or the top? 2. The blood stripes I ordered online from the USMC online uniform shop came with white sticking on both sides, is that right? From what I remember, it's always been fully red. Any help/insight you all can provide is appreciated. Thanks!

Only thing I can think of is when they are sewn onto the trousers, that the new stiching replaces the old white stiching?

Cant figure out how to edit my original 2 posts but I found that the white stiching is there as a guide and needs to be removed as the red stiching goes on. And I also found this for the service stripe: "b. Service stripes will be placed at a 30 degree angle to the bottom of the sleeve." So my understanding is that the bottom corner is lined up straight to the cuff and the opposite corner (top right (if you're looking down on it)) is where the 30 degree angle goes. Am I correct in my assumption here?

Unless it has changed , the top angle is out to the outside and its pointed to the shoulders. I never saw white on one.

I purchased them also from the Marine uniform online store and they did not come with any white stitching. They are red. What uniform did you purchase them for?

Some vendors use white thread as "basting" to hold down the edges that are folded under the reverse side of the stripe. This basting is a very loose stitch and needs to be removed by the tailor before sewing the stripes to the trousers with red thread.

As for the angle, 30-degrees is the angle of the bottom edge of the stripe, with respect to a horizontal line drawn from the lower front point of the stripe. The current edition of the Guidebook for Marines should illustrate that in the Uniforms section.

Oh I read that wrong. Nevermind

Thread Information