Broke finger month before Boot Camp, what do I do?
Create Post

Broke finger month before Boot Camp, what do I do?

Hello Marines, I leave for boot camp in 1 1/2 months and today I fell in the gym lockers and I messed up my finger, the bottom half of nail is gone top half still there. On the bottom part of the nail that's left is a blackish spot. I'm not sure whether I just bruised my bone, fractured or broke it. (I don't have insurance) for now I've cleaned it and put gauss tape on it. It is stiff and numb. I leave for boot camp next month and have an IST next week. Can somebody please tell me what I should do, whether this might affect my ship date, anything please? Thanks very much.

Tell your recruiter, and get it looked at. Don't mess with the possibility of a broken finger or injuring your finger further by running an IST next week. You want to be able to ship to boot camp in decent shape and going injured could only hold you back at boot camp longer. Trust me, 12 weeks is long enough.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Go to an emergengy room and pay as you can for them to X-RAY it. Most hospitals will work with you on the bill.

And as stated tell your recruiter.

Better to be safe than sorry and end end up falling off the pull up bar.

Thread Information