Accurate info from the recruiter regarding PLC
Create Post

Accurate info from the recruiter regarding PLC

I already have my degree and I had started a thread a while back about getting a good PFT and hoping for an age waiver to do OCC.

I spoke to a recruiter near work and he told me that my best bet would be to go reserves enlisted, then request to go to OCS via PLC. He said that this would offer a better chance to get commissioned considering my age (28 this september). Is this accurate? I don't mean to question the recruiters motives but I had to atleast get some advice from people who have went through it. Thanks in advance.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineerjet View Post
    I already have my degree and I had started a thread a while back about getting a good PFT and hoping for an age waiver to do OCC.

I spoke to a recruiter near work and he told me that my best bet would be to go reserves enlisted, then request to go to OCS via PLC. He said that this would offer a better chance to get commissioned considering my age (28 this september). Is this accurate? I don't mean to question the recruiters motives but I had to atleast get some advice from people who have went through it. Thanks in advance.
    If you already have a bachelors degree, I don't think PLC is an option for you anymore.

Find an officer selection officer (OSO) near you. You have to go through them anyway, not an enlisted recruiter. Waivers are tough to get these days, but you need to see an OSO.

Thread Information