Seeking Advice
Create Post

Thread: Seeking Advice

Seeking Advice

Hello,
    I am seeking enlistment advice.

I was recently down at MEPS (6 weeks ago) for a consult because I've had three speeding tickets and I was arrested for Disorderly Conduct about a decade ago (I dated sisters--they didn't take the break up so well. Long and the short, I was struck by her vehicle on my property and I was charged with DO--"using my body" to block the movement of a vehicle. I learned when a pretty girl cries wolf, you will not win. Also, dating sisters is a bad idea, even if it seems like a good idea at the time.)

Since then, I have not been pulled over--not even for a failure to yield etc.. I have had no negative contact with law enforcement.

I went on my consult and the evaluator apparently did not pay attention to the words that came out of my mouth. She said I was not recommended for service because she did not feel that I was honest with her. She also claimed that I lied about the High School that I went to and that my Granddad etc. did not go to that school.

I went to a Military Academy--Randolph Macon Academy. The same Academy my Granddad and his father went to. The High School I wen to was Northwest Academy. She said that my Granddad etc. did not go to NWA. Well, that is true, they did not. However, I never said that they did. I said we all attended RMA, which is absoutely true. I believe she made an honest mistake with the schools. She also said it didn't make any sense why that girl was so upset with me. Because she was a female evaluator, I did not want to say, directly, that I slept with sisters and that is why they did not take the break up so well. I was trying to be polite about the whole thing. Evidentally I should not have worried about being polite in that particular instance.

Fast forward:
    I contacted my local Congressman and explained my case. I currently have an inquiry going on which has been pending for four weeks. S/Sgt said that I will probably be sent for another eval with a different evaluator but I have not been given a solid time frame. As you can imagine, the waiting and not knowing is frustrating.

I am interested in the 0300 series MOS. 0321 in particular. Navy Corpsman also has some paths that interest me; Corpsman being my contingency plan.

I have a 300 PFT. My physicality is excellent: eye sight, hearing, no broken bones etc.. I run a consistent sub 17 min 3 mile, I do 200 crunches in 2 mins, and I can do 30 pull-ups from a dead hang. I have two jobs and very good references, both professional and personal.

Is there anything else I can do to help speed the process up or to make things more favorable for myself?

Thanks in Advance

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    at 30 years of age?

Yessir.

Goodluck Wow Thats Great!!!! As A Rule For A Corpman We Would Always Try To Double To Keep In Shape

Goodluck In Your Future Either As A Marine Or Corpsman>

Stephen Doc Hasnsen Hm3

Thank you.

I will continue to keep my head down and train.

Where does the screen name come from?

It's a transplant from my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel Actual View Post
    It's a transplant from my email.
    you are who ah

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel Actual View Post
    Hello,
    I am seeking enlistment advice.

I was recently down at MEPS (6 weeks ago) for a consult because I've had three speeding tickets and I was arrested for Disorderly Conduct about a decade ago (I dated sisters--they didn't take the break up so well. Long and the short, I was struck by her vehicle on my property and I was charged with DO--"using my body" to block the movement of a vehicle. I learned when a pretty girl cries wolf, you will not win. Also, dating sisters is a bad idea, even if it seems like a good idea at the time.)

Since then, I have not been pulled over--not even for a failure to yield etc.. I have had no negative contact with law enforcement.

I went on my consult and the evaluator apparently did not pay attention to the words that came out of my mouth. She said I was not recommended for service because she did not feel that I was honest with her. She also claimed that I lied about the High School that I went to and that my Granddad etc. did not go to that school.

I went to a Military Academy--Randolph Macon Academy. The same Academy my Granddad and his father went to. The High School I wen to was Northwest Academy. She said that my Granddad etc. did not go to NWA. Well, that is true, they did not. However, I never said that they did. I said we all attended RMA, which is absoutely true. I believe she made an honest mistake with the schools. She also said it didn't make any sense why that girl was so upset with me. Because she was a female evaluator, I did not want to say, directly, that I slept with sisters and that is why they did not take the break up so well. I was trying to be polite about the whole thing. Evidentally I should not have worried about being polite in that particular instance.

Fast forward:
    I contacted my local Congressman and explained my case. I currently have an inquiry going on which has been pending for four weeks. S/Sgt said that I will probably be sent for another eval with a different evaluator but I have not been given a solid time frame. As you can imagine, the waiting and not knowing is frustrating.

I am interested in the 0300 series MOS. 0321 in particular. Navy Corpsman also has some paths that interest me; Corpsman being my contingency plan.

I have a 300 PFT. My physicality is excellent: eye sight, hearing, no broken bones etc.. I run a consistent sub 17 min 3 mile, I do 200 crunches in 2 mins, and I can do 30 pull-ups from a dead hang. I have two jobs and very good references, both professional and personal.

Is there anything else I can do to help speed the process up or to make things more favorable for myself?

Thanks in Advance
    You had a psych consult for three speeding tickets and a disorderly conduct? Either you are full of it, we are not getting the whole story, or you did something else at MEPS that prompted the consult.

I have enlisted people with multiple felonies and drug use who did not draw a psych consult at MEPS. I smell fish.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    You had a psych consult for three speeding tickets and a disorderly conduct? Either you are full of it, we are not getting the whole story, or you did something else at MEPS that prompted the consult.

I have enlisted people with multiple felonies and drug use who did not draw a psych consult at MEPS. I smell fish.
    S/Sgt,
    The head Doc at MEPS wrote on my packet, "Please eval tickets and arrest." As he was writting that he said, "Okay, everything looks good." I asked when I would know about my consult. He told me my recuiter would be in touch with me to let me know about a date.

When I was waiting for my eval I was told to just relax and not worry about anything, and that it's normal procedure for individuals who have had a few tickets and been arrested. I've heard about people who have felonies, DUI's, and multiple arrests enlisting with waivers--I don't understand why I am hitting this road block.

When the eval came back, I didn't know what to say. Obviously, I was upset that she had gotten the facts wrong. Not off--just wrong.
    Then she claimed I lied to her and said that I did not attend the same Academy as my Grandfather and his father. Both myself and S/Sgt were upset and I was told that I should get in touch with my local Congressman. So I did.

Both times at MEPS I have been polite and respectful. I do not mumble, slur my speach, or say things such as, "Yea..." I address personnel properlly and I pay attention to what is being said. I am on the ball.

I was speaking with a recruiter after I had returned from MEPS the first time and he was surprised that I had drawn a consult.

Is there any else that you suggest I do? Is there any else that I can do?

Note:
    When I went in for my eval I had apparently missed an eval date that was a week proir to the day I was there. She asked me why I did not show. I told her that my recruiter was on leave otherwise I would have been there. I would not have blown off an appointment. I asked about the previous date when I got back from MEPS and my recruiter told me that he was not aware of the appointment on that date.

PM me your full name and I will look up your information in the system. I might be able to advise you better from there.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    PM me your full name and I will look up your information in the system. I might be able to advise you better from there.
    PM sent S/Sgt.

Thread Information