Worst run you've ever done.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worst run you've ever done.

Hello fellow Poolees. I just finished a 3 mile run in twenty minutes. (I know the time isn't anything to brag about) however when I returned and looked at theremometer. It was 105 degrees outside. This sparked my intrest in my fellow Poolees sufferings. So I ask you today, what is the worst run (Or physical training event) that you have ever participated in?

Thanks for you time,

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    was definitely at a wrestling practice. running up and down a hallway with 25-30 other guys. the air got so thick and humid with sweat it was forming on the walls, the windows and we were even slipping cause it was condensing on the floors. it was f*cking nasty dude, and if you fell you'd get up and be all wet. then to top it off while the rest of the team got to go and wrestle and actually practice, me and 3 of the other dudes who were late got to continue running. after about another half an hour the coach came out and goes "oh i forgot about you guys, get in the gym blah blah blah"

worst practice ever haha. had to mop the mats like six times the next day cause everybody got all their nasty grease all over them

Hahaha dang we never did anything like that when I played football at my high school. We didn't have a wrestling team but if we did you can bet you behind I would have joined. I've always been fascinated with the technique and finess of Olympic wrestling. Were you any good?

I ran my first IST run one morning and passed it with a 13:17 but I RAN AND WALKED IT.

Ran a second one in the afternoon AFTER WORK WITH IT BEING 90+ and I ran 14:17 AND RAN THE WHOLE THING WITHOUT ANY WALKING.

I'm not the fastest and I'm currently working on that but the climate and energy level you have has a big affect on how your body can handle things differently.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My worst was almost 20, and my best was 16 and change. You people don't run 3 anymore, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    My worst was almost 20, and my best was 16 and change. You people don't run 3 anymore, do you?
    Not til we get to boot camp and then we start our fun 3 mile runs!

My worst run would be our wrestling sprints up and down "death mountain" when I was in Alaska. It was 52 degrees so all of our lungs were on fire and then we had to do the sprints up and down the mountain for an hour.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    First full IST i did, ,ofcourse I aced the pullups and crunches but the run is something I never did.

It was the morning after I did a leg workout and my legs felt like they weighed 10 tons. I did a 1 1/2 in 12:50 seconds. I was embarrassed.

Still with my time I am embarrassed but I'm sure I can get it down if I keep running. I don't got much time left though.

>Bowl of chili before first day of practice
    >Typically it's just a meet and greet with the coaches and new players
    >"I'll be fine"
    >3 mile run, 1 mile on rocky beach, on the way back run sprints up basically a cliff of sand
    >Some how I don't puke
    >mfw

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My worst IST was my first at 11:30ish and my best was 9:47. I've never had to run a timed 3 mile but the one time i did with a friend we ran 22 minutes, he was holding me back because i didnt want to leave him. I'm also 6'5 and he's like 5'8 so i could have run so much faster if i was taking full strides.

never had any bad runs but man, some wrestling practices used to kick my ass. ive never been in such good shape.

I did run today after a week of having mono..did 3 miles with some hills..um yea took me like 30 mins lol

well yesterday I practiced with my bother's ROTC Raider team. We were practicing in the pool. The Maj. had us run in a circle in the pool for a couple hours. My left foot got badly scraped up, a bunch of skin got ripped off the ball under my big toe and also off of my big toe. I decided it was a good idea to run a mile this morning. It wasn't difficult physically but it was damn painfull. As far as the most physically exhuasting workout, I'd have to say it was a wrestling practice. Probably the day we ran for 40 minutes in an upstairs/downstairs loop inside our highschool, then a 20 minute weight lifting circuit in the weight room, then actual wrestling practice. Good times.

I made the mistake of doing an IST without eating breakfast or having any fluids before heading out. Needless to say, my run time was slowed by throwing up, and trying to trot along while doing so. I forgot how long it took, but I'm pretty sure I didn't make time. Lesson learned.

I eat 2 banannas before I PT. It usually helps but due to me sprinting the first half of the run out both of my sides were killing me.

You have to eat something so you're body will use it as energry.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwasmadeforme View Post
    Hahaha dang we never did anything like that when I played football at my high school. We didn't have a wrestling team but if we did you can bet you behind I would have joined. I've always been fascinated with the technique and finess of Olympic wrestling. Were you any good?
    I was alright, not gonna go into specifics but my first year I sucked hardcore. then I took a year off and worked out, gained about 30-40 lbs and came back a LOT better. Made varsity, but still wasn't great. The beginning of my 2nd season I started JV and destroyed it, so i guess i was right in the middle haha.

best sport I've ever played though, theres definitely no feeling like right before a match and right after you win one.

Just ran a 12:41 at my Pool Function Saturday. It was around 101, i was ****ed dude. I usually run around 11. Its a big gap imo from all the progress i made.

Thread Information