A few questions on this MOS
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question A few questions on this MOS

Hello Marines. I leave for MCRD San Diego on 20110808. I signed under the Security Forces (PRP) contract. I was just curious as what to expect from this MOS. When I get out of the Marine Corps I plan to work for the law enforcement, which is why I chose this MOS. Also, I've been told that after a couple years in secuirty, you then go to the 03XX field. Do you have any say as to what job in that field or is it random? I know this has probably been covered before, but I just want as up-to-date information as possible. Thank you.

Credits
    Savings
    Graduated Boot Camp on July 29th. I have a buddy in on Security Forces. You're on a 5 year contract, correct?

If so, you'll actually go from Boot to SOI and you'll be a 03xx first. You have no say in what job you'll be able to pick up so to speak. I've "heard" that when you get to ITB, they'll ask first who is interested in what fields. After 2 1/2 years of Active Duty service, you'll begin training in the Security Forces mos, like it should say on your contract that you picked up and signed at MEPS. I'll get a little more information on it and report it back.

Thread Information