USMC Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST)
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool USMC Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST)

Unit Profile

U.S. Marine Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) Company

Dedicated, armed, combat-trained cadre
    Task organized and equipped to perform security missions of short duration
    Augment installation security when the threat condition has been elevated beyond the capability of the permanent security force
    Train installation security forces in antiterrorism and weapons marksmanship
    Assist the base security officer in the preparation of base defense and other security plans
    Requested by combatant and fleet commanders-in-chief
    Deploy only upon approval of the Chief of Naval Operations

Established in 1987, FAST Company is comprised of 500+ Marines equipped to perform security missions as directed by the Chief of Naval Operations. FAST Company Marines augment installation security when a threat condition is elevated beyond the ability of resident and auxiliary security forces. They are not designed to provide a permanent security force for the installation.

FAST Company is primarily designed to conduct defensive combat operations, military security operations, and rear area security operations. It also can be tailored for specific tasks from the Chief of Naval Operations. They also ensure nuclear material on submarines is not compromised when the vessels are docked.

Following the bombing in Saudi Arabia, the threat condition was raised for installations and FAST Marines responded. Based upon site surveys at each location, the Task Force determined that tactics and techniques for protecting entry onto installations varied widely, even among those installations in the same Threat Condition. At Eskan Village, Riyadh, service members entering the base went through two checkpoints. The first was manned by Saudi forces, who checked all members, including U.S., host nation, and Third Country National citizens. The second check point was manned by U.S. forces, who also checked all people. This contrasted with Khobar Towers, where all base entry points were manned by both Saudi and U.S. forces. At Camp Doha, Kuwait, an initial checkpoint several kilometers from the base was manned by both Kuwaiti and U.S. military forces, while the base entry point was manned by armed contract security guards. At Ali Al-Salem Air Base, Kuwait, Bangladeshi military forces, contracted by the government of Kuwait, provided entry control. At the Sahara Residence, a billeting facility in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, entry was controlled by unarmed contract security guards, while at Manai Plaza in Bahrain, another billeting complex, entry was controlled by Marines from the U.S. Marine Corps Fleet Antiterrorist Security Team (FAST) and Bahrainian special forces troops. Entry control at the Administrative Support Unit Bahrain was provided by U.S. Navy and Bahrainian forces, with heavy weapons support from the Marine Fleet Antiterrorist Security Team.

http://www.specialoperations.com/USMC/FAST/default.html

Sempers,

Roger

Bumping

Ellie

I can't wait I am waiting for HQMC to approve my package for F.A.S.T. Good Stuff

Not that it matters cause this is an old thread/pic, but this photo is from around 1998 - and that isn't FAST Co., guys stacked on the door at NAS Norfolk. It is (at the time) the CQB section led by SSgt. Davis stacked on the door at the paint house at MCSF Training Center at Chesapeake, VA.

Behind Davis is Castro, Moake, and then the rest of the section back in the old days...

That picture came from an article on MSCF's that appeared in Leatherneck back in 1998. The press came and did a dog and pony show at the Training Center after the bombings at the US Embassies in Africa.

Carry on....

lol, Yeah I noticed there aren't to many photos of new FAST Co. All the old school stuff when it was first introduced.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool He Did A Full 30 Yrs As A Grunt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY YOU YOUNG BUCKS,KNOW OF A FORMER L/CPL;WHO WAS IN MY SQUAD IN THE 'NAM. FULL BIRD COL.FELIP ORTIZ.A "MUSTANGO"RAN THE 1ST."FAST" CO.I WANNA SAY SUM NUKE BASE MAYBE KINGS BAY GEORGIA?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Mustango L/cpl Too Full Bird Col.Felipe Torres

I STAND CORRECTED IT WASN'T ORTIZ,IT WAS "FELIPE TORRES";ORTIZ WENT TOO JUMP SCHOOL W/ME.BARE WITH ME IT WAS 40 YRS AGO!!!SEMPER~FIDELIS

Ooh-Rah FAST Company. Anytime, Anyplace!

FISTFU68, according to Marine Online, Col Torres is retired. I can give you the e-mail address on file if you want, PM me and let me know. S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding Cpl.I sent You A P.M,Hell don't know whether I'm gonna Salute Him Or Kiss Him(lol)Thank You Very Much.GodSpeed Semper~Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Not that it matters cause this is an old thread/pic, but this photo is from around 1998 - and that isn't FAST Co., guys stacked on the door at NAS Norfolk. It is (at the time) the CQB section led by SSgt. Davis stacked on the door at the paint house at MCSF Training Center at Chesapeake, VA.

Behind Davis is Castro, Moake, and then the rest of the section back in the old days...

That picture came from an article on MSCF's that appeared in Leatherneck back in 1998. The press came and did a dog and pony show at the Training Center after the bombings at the US Embassies in Africa.

Carry on....

Absolutely right Wookie.. I was with 1st FAST 97-99 1st plt(nicknamed cold weather platoon because we deployed to alaska in april 97 and then went to bridgeport MWTC in DEC).That picture is either instructors for CQB school or students of CQB school inside the fenced in compound.Were u with FAST during this time?

Trying to find any original FAST Co. from Mare Island, Ca. Any you guys out there

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Trying to find any original FAST Co. from Mare Island, Ca. Any you guys out there
    Google Fast company pacific. They have a website.

Thread Information