Poolee Drug Testing - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Phuckfacet09 "might" make it to boot .
    but i bet he doesnt make it for a full enlistment .
    I have the feeling, he's one of the turds that will skate
    and cause a whole lotta deaths of Marines around him.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtRSD View Post
    Gentleman,

The policy regarding drug use in the Marine Corps is zero tolerance. Plain and simple. Although not a Marine, this young man is under contract with the United States Marine Corps. If as a poolee (with the one goal of becoming a Marine) can not show a little courage and put down the pipe, then there is no room for him in this Marine Corps. The Marine Corps is soon to be cutting down on it's numbers, think about it this way: are you willing to give up your spot for him? We can argue whether smoking dope was a mistake or not, however no one can argue that it is against the UCMJ.

WELL SAID!!!

Understandably I am not a Marine yet I have not been to the island to earn my title yet but I know for sure there is nothing that would make me slip and do that. I have used before and admitted to it but while I am trying to enlist and do all that you just cant let yourself be weak.

Ive left concerts before because I could smell weed and I didnt want any of that **** somehow affecting me going to PI or anything else. Its wise to not even let your self get close to being in that position.

They tell you if you pop positive at all you get thrown out of the Corps and you are barred from joining any other branch of service.

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bMarine10 View Post
    You don't get tested at poolee functions. Although you should be, how hard is it to say to a "friend" nah man I am headed to the Corps no time for that. You will get tested at the MRCD and if you leave tomorrow you will be back home really soon. I'm not claiming to be the best poolee in the world. I have had my issues with Marijuana myself, but since i decided to enlist nothing in my power will stand in the way. You need to adopt like traits poolee.
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Depending on when you actually leave, it may not be that big of a problem. Unless they've changed something drastically, they won't test you again until you actually get to boot camp. They test you more regularly afterwards, though they won't test you again until after boot camp. It's random, so it's not like you can go "OK, I just took a **** test, so I've got two and a half months. I can smoke some weed and get away with it" and expect to fly ultimately.

On the no tolerance thing, it's...kinda case by case? If you're legitimately drugged (I know a few guys who accidently took roofies before and one who thought the brownie had eggs in it and a few who bummed some dip from Afghans who lace that stuff with opium) and can present a case, they may not kick you out if it turns out to be a one time thing, as long as you tell someone within a bit of time (that's how pot brownie guy got off), preferably next day or the day you get off leave. Now, if you're toking up in the barracks bathroom or ODing on coke (yes, I've seen it happen), don't expect an ounce of mercy of course.

Cool Not as soon as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bMarine10 View Post
    You will get tested at the MRCD and if you leave tomorrow you will be back home really soon.
    I have seen guys get halfway through training before the results came back. Then they get put in RSP for several months. Chances are, you will spend more time in bootcamp than the average recruit, and all without any hope of becoming a Marine. Seems like a helluva consequence for that momentary pleasure of smoking yourself retarded.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's not hard to say no, I do it everyday. Just think what is more important to you? Easy choice. I made mistakes in my past, but I had changed and haven't partaken in years. Being a teen like me and you are, there is alot around. Especially here in San Diego, where there is a dispensery on every corner. But if you want to be a Marine, or hope to be, you can't do things the Marine Corps sees as unfit. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by sheamac View Post
    It's not hard to say no, I do it everyday. Just think what is more important to you? Easy choice. I made mistakes in my past, but I had changed and haven't partaken in years. Being a teen like me and you are, there is alot around. Especially here in San Diego, where there is a dispensery on every corner. But if you want to be a Marine, or hope to be, you can't do things the Marine Corps sees as unfit. Plain and simple.
    This. Growing up in a ill-reputed part of San Diego, I know exactly what you are referring to. All my buddies were (most of them still are) stoners to some extent, and hell, I went to the High School that gave birth to the character of Spicolli, one of the most legendary stoners. I was a poolee my senior year, and the temptations to get baked with my buddies were always there, but I just had to tough it out and say no. I know peer pressure is a *****, but are you willing to risk your life choice on a spliff? I know I wouldn't... as for your scenario, the answer is no. You'll get tested shortly after you arrive at the depot (maybe MEPS, can't remember) but the only time you'll ever get tested as a poolee is when you are trying to get into the DEP. Anything else will be an isolated incident.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    This. Growing up in a ill-reputed part of San Diego, I know exactly what you are referring to. All my buddies were (most of them still are) stoners to some extent, and hell, I went to the High School that gave birth to the character of Spicolli, one of the most legendary stoners. I was a poolee my senior year, and the temptations to get baked with my buddies were always there, but I just had to tough it out and say no. I know peer pressure is a *****, but are you willing to risk your life choice on a spliff? I know I wouldn't... as for your scenario, the answer is no. You'll get tested shortly after you arrive at the depot (maybe MEPS, can't remember) but the only time you'll ever get tested as a poolee is when you are trying to get into the DEP. Anything else will be an isolated incident.
    Haha, My mom went to the same highschool, she must have graduated around...80-81, but what a trip.

Just stop doing it all together, jack off, have sex (don't get anyone pregnant), but stop being ****ing stupid.

Drug Testing

I just got off recruting duty and the only time you get tested for drugs are at MEPS when you first contract and when you arrive at bootcamp usually the first week. However since you just experienced with a drug again it could require a new drug waiver. You need to get with your recruiter and tell him what happened. Because it will also be ashame if you go down to bootcamp and pop during the "moment of truth" which can get you sent home (although unlikely) but will get the recruiter in trouble.

SSgt Shea

Credits
    Savings
    When my dad went to PI he went with a buddy, a week before they shipped his buddy smoked weed. When they asked if anyone did any drugs they took them to a room and gave them a waiver some even got away with way worst drugs then weed,(this was in the 80s though). He diden't say anything thinking they wouldent find out. Well he went through all the full 3 months, 2 days before graduation day they told him he wouldent earn the title because he failed the drug test. His parents were already on their way, and he got to see his everybody earn the title while he just sat on the bleachers. Does not get much worst then that lol.

Well, I believe this topic has run it's course.

Poolees, DO NOT do drugs. You WILL be tested. If you're really that dependent on drugs then what are you doing? We don't need your trash in. It's because of idiots like you that I have to sit through hours of pointless briefs on drug use.. and even have to take a **** test for that matter.

"Have the **** courage to honor your commitment"

Have a good one,

LCpl Yonkers

Thread Information