Marine Corps Security Force (8152)
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Question Marine Corps Security Force (8152)

I was wondering if there are any Marines in the MCSF that would like to give a run down of what all you do?

I have signed my contract for MCSF (8152) and I am just attempting to gain more knowledge of the field.

Run a search, this has been covered (and very recently) numerous times.

Credits
    Savings
    yes sir i found it very interesting it seems the majority view is it may hinder you once you get to an infantry unit, more like you may just be behind the curve some but there has to be some positive notes on it

I can tell you there are just as many positives as there are negatives. Yes, when you do you'r two years in SF, you go to the fleet a little behind on things because you're not up to speed with infantry knowledge and tactics. I can tell you if you go to the fleet as a knowledge sponge you will catch up just fine. Positives to being an 8152:
    -Special duty pay at some commands.
    -Extra 100 pts special duty points towards your composite score of picking up Corporal. If you keep your nose clean, stay out of trouble, put out and do good across the board you will go to the fleet as a 2 year corporal that many infantry Marines take an entire enlistment or longer to get Corporal.
    -Security Forces gives you the training and references to go out after you leave the Marines and many guys get picked up by local /state and federal law enforcement agencies including FBI, DEA, NSA, Homeland Security, etc etc. This is where keeping your nose clean comes in handy that way you can help yourself and keep that security clearance.

Thread Information