MCI's
Create Post

Thread: MCI's

MCI's

Do I understand this correctly? The exam sheet states taht a director of civilian personnel can administer teh mci exam. So does that mean that a VP in my civilian company can give me the test and sign off on it?

Credits
    Savings
    Need some holy water on this one
    I would think the reference is to a Military organizations Director of Civillian personel

not sure because it also list school principle, clergy, etc... being on the reserve side now i will get the answer, but figured i would see if anyone knew.

in the fleet we just ordered them, did the exam, and sent them back in back in my day. we didn't need to get them signed off on. I understand why they have it, but for reservists it would be difficult to do them since you only drill one weekend a month and i doubt you have time to take the test while drilling.

Oh my. You do know that, oh well never mind.

MCI doesn't care, nor do they check, who signed a MCI exam. I signed my own for 9 years and so did everyone around me. MCI got crafty sometime ago and drafted some exams that had a SSN spot for the administrator but again, not a cross-checked portion.

Furthermore, the written exams don't seem to get read. They go straight to the circular file (**** can) as the real exam goes into a electronic automated grading scanner. I knew a guy who wrote about weekend liberty on one of his written exams about warfighting and leadership, he got a 97%. Written exam portions often require the administrator to have a spare bubble sheet and simply fill in 1) "A" for passing and write the number at the top and circle it. That's the grade that will be used for that portion.

Personally, I wish they'd get rid of MCI's. MarineNet was a interesting step forward but it's still sloppy and nothing but "click click click click" till you pass. I went through a course in 09, we had to take 5 tests on MarineNet. All we did was sit in the LRC for a week and click through them all until we passed. Waste of time.

Thread Information