United States Marine Corp MEPS question?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

United States Marine Corp MEPS question?

Hello, I'm trying to enlist in the Marine Corp, I had a minor surgery done when i was two. the surgery was for removing a very minor benign tumor. (It is on the left side of my head/face so i have to tell them) I DO NOT have the records for this as it was 15 years ago and the hospital apparently "misplaced it." Should i go to a doctor and ask them to write a letter saying how i am fit for duty? And if i give the letter to MEPS, what are the chances of it getting approved?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph249 View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to enlist in the Marine Corp, I had a minor surgery done when i was two. the surgery was for removing a very minor benign tumor. (It is on the left side of my head/face so i have to tell them) I DO NOT have the records for this as it was 15 years ago and the hospital apparently "misplaced it." Should i go to a doctor and ask them to write a letter saying how i am fit for duty? And if i give the letter to MEPS, what are the chances of it getting approved?
    You need to talk to your recruiter about this. He would have much more up-to-date information. Plus, we can't predict what MEPS will do. The doctors there have a degree of discretion which can be good or bad for you. Your recruiter should know where the local MEPS is landing on these issues.

Do you still have the same family doctor now as then? If so, a letter from him may help if a letter is necessary. Your recruiter or MEPS will tell you to get such a letter is it is needed.

no i have a another doctor now, can a letter from him stating that i am completely healthy work?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    no i have a another doctor now, can a letter from him stating that i am completely healthy work?
    Did you read the rest of my post about asking your recruiter? We try to answer questions here, just remember the answers you get aren't always those you want to hear, but that doesn't make them less truthful or accurate.

See your recruiter about this issue. My best guess is there won't be a problem in the long run, but that is a GUESS.

Credits
    Savings
    Lesson #1
    you did not listen
    IF a letter is needed your recruiter will instruct you to get one

Standby for further .

Alright thanks Marines

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Why hasn't anybody noticed that this kid spelled Marine Corps incorrectly.

On a different note, I've been told minor surgeries from more than seven years are moot.

Well since im not a Marine, I wasn't sure how to spell it. Now i do and thanks, i hope so

If it's not an issue, hasn't been an issue for years, and NEVER will be an issue, don't say anything. MEPS is nit picky over stuff that doesn't matter and super quick to DQ for anything. But, that's just my 2 cents

Yea im not gonna say NOTHING but if they ask me ill say it's a birthmark, and if they ever find out what it was which is extremely unlikely i'll say i never knew what it was. I'm still gonna ask my recruiter though.

Anything else you plan to lie about? Or do you only lie when you feel it's necessary/not important?

If you get a MOS that requires a security clearance do you plan to lie on the application sheet about your background too?

One of our leadership traits is integrity. If you don't know what it means (and I seriously doubt you do) then look it up.

Our core values are Honor, Courage, and Commitment. Telling lies is not an honorable thing to do (eventhough some here will suggest you do it which only speaks to their morals) and not a good habit to get into.

Finally, you don't have to be a Marine to know how to spell Corps. All you need to do is graduate from elementary school.

Dont worry about me if you're not going to answer my question. I don't lie at all but i'll do anything to get in the Marines, it's a lifetime dream for me.

Dont worry about me if you're not going to answer my question. I don't lie at all but i'll do anything to get in the Marines, it's a lifetime dream for me.
    Another one with a death wish,telling the truth is easy.

Not if you get disqualified, but i know what i gotta do. Thanks Marines

Fact is, none of us here can answer your question since we're not MEPS doctors and nobody here works at MEPS.

Now, if you have a question regarding the USMC, maybe somebody will be able to answer it for you. You have a better chance at an answer if you ask a question we know something about.

Thread Information