Just some funny info.
Create Post

Just some funny info.

If this isn't allowed please let me know i looked and didn't see anything against it in the stickies.

You can apply for the national guard online.

Army.com has a link that says "ways to screw up and what happens if you do"

Army soldiers are often called warriors. Many recruiters call pooles the same thing.

Now i respect the army for enlisting but that does not mean i can't point out where the Marines are better.

If you have any more funny or just interesting ones post up. Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest110 View Post
    If this isn't allowed please let me know i looked and didn't see anything against it in the stickies.

You can apply for the national guard online.

Army.com has a link that says "ways to screw up and what happens if you do"

Army soldiers are often called warriors. Many recruiters call pooles the same thing.

Now i respect the army for enlisting but that does not mean i can't point out where the Marines are better.

If you have any more funny or just interesting ones post up. Thanks for reading.

Irrelevant thread is irrelevant.

I'm not neccessarily deciding whats relevant and whats not. I just don't see the reasoning behind this particular thread. Let's break it down: 1) The NG allows people to apply online. Ok, and? How is that "funny" as the OP implies? 2) The Army link about "ways to screw up" discusses infractions, which if committed at Basic training would result in an NJP. It then goes into the specifics of the NJP and follow on punishment. The infractions are things uniform through out the services like going AWOL, insubordination, failing to preform duties, etc. Once again, I don't see the funny in that. 3) "Army soldiers are called warriors and so are Marine poolees." Ok, and I've heard Marines reffered to as warriors as well, so the point is what exactly? 4) I agree that the basic Marine is better trained then the basic soldier, but the least he could do is capitalize Army the same way he capitalizes Marine. Respect is a two way street.

I commented that a thread being lauded as funny was irrelevant for the above reasons. No I'm not in the Army, I'm actually a Marine officer candidate (already been through OCS), and one of the things we learned in Quantico was to address jackassery whenever the opportunity presents itself. I'm just respectfully disagreeing withe the OP, and don't intend to step on anyone's toes.

How does this go from an Army link to you going through OCS.. "Marine Friend"

Quote Originally Posted by 03Rifle View Post
    How does this go from an Army link to you going through OCS.. "Marine Friend"

That was just one thing I mentioned sir, and I didnt intend to make it a main point in my post. I just don't understand the OP's comments on how he percieved some things he gathered off the Army site to be funny when the same things off any Marine Corps affiliated site probably wouldn't spark so much interest. I understand servicemembers taking jabs and joking on each others services for fun. However, when someone who is niether a Marine nor a solider does so, I just don't understand why.

Sorry just thougt ide share some things I thought were funny.

Never give up.......

Army makes the best of you. Marines demand more.

Thread Information