MGySgt -vs- SgtMaj - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would totally agre with all! This is an awsome Post. You hit it right on the head with the Harley and civvies. My Master Guns with 3/11 looked exactly like that on the weekend when he came around the barracks with a female, probably jail bait and half crocked. You speak the gospel on this Keg!

Cool Gettin Even

I'll give you this for the insight of the relationship I had with a SgtMaj. I was a MGySgt in charge of the base communications of an east coast air station and had a iffy relationship with the base SgtMaj. He may not have liked me because I had a tour on the drill field where I trained 6 platoons in 18 months before moving to DI School where I was an instructor for 9 classes in 18 months. I was meritoriously promoted to GySgt with less than 7 years in the Corps. I spent 8 years in grade before pinning on MSgt and still made MGySgt in 18 1/2 years. He was always on my back about something!

This day the SgtMaj call me and advised me that he needed a MSgt to count the money at the various mess halls on base and that my only MSgt had been assigned to the duty for 30 days. I advised the SgtMaj that MSgts didn't do mess duty and that it was a SSgt job anyway. SgtMaj told me he had made the assignment and that he was to report at 0500 the next morning. The only MSgt that I had was the NCOIC of the base telephone department and the only one that could program the base switchboard.

I called my MSgt and told him: "I know you are not going to like what I'm going to tell you so don't say a thing and do exactly what I tell you." "I want you to take the rest of the day off but before you leave disconnect the base SgtMaj autovon access." The MSgt replied "The SgtMaj will raise Hell!" I told my MSgt to do as he was told and to take the rest of the day off AWAY from his phone.

This happened in the morning and about mid afternoon I got a call from the base SgtMaj complaining about no AUTOVON capability and that he wanted it ASAP!! It didn't help his disposition when I told him that thee must be a programming problem with the switch and that I would get the programmer on it as soon as he comes off of mess duty, in a month!! There was silence on the line and then the SgtMaj. questioned my parentage and advised me that my MSgt was no longer assigned to count the money!!!! He wasn't any happier when I told him that I had given the MSgt the day off and that it would be the next day before he would get AUTOVON back.

I was awaiting medical retirement but until the paperwork came through I got every **** detail the bas SgtMaj could come up with!!!

John U. Irwin Jr.
    MGySgt of Marines (Ret.) Never!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LMAO your the Man Marine,Superb Attitude would Hump point 4 a Marine E-8 like You anyplace anytime anywho, Hell always had a bad taste 4 A$$ ki$$er$ in the Corp by my Rank you'll know why I had Velcro on my Chevrons,I've only Kissed 1 A$$ in my whole Life & must ad it's a very fine 1@ that! The Col's daughter My BossMare Wifey and will continue 2 do so Godspeed 2 ya I'm Gone Fishin Adios Semper Fi

When I was a MSgt, we had an IG inspection and the Bn SgtMaj made all the MSgt's stand the uniform inspection, but not the four company 1stSgts. And some wonder where the riff between MGySgts and SgtsMaj comes from ... it comes from stupid azz SgtsMaj!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUlus View Post
    I'll give you this for the insight of the relationship I had with a SgtMaj. I was a MGySgt in charge of the base communications of an east coast air station and had a iffy relationship with the base SgtMaj. He may not have liked me because I had a tour on the drill field where I trained 6 platoons in 18 months before moving to DI School where I was an instructor for 9 classes in 18 months. I was meritoriously promoted to GySgt with less than 7 years in the Corps. I spent 8 years in grade before pinning on MSgt and still made MGySgt in 18 1/2 years. He was always on my back about something!

This day the SgtMaj call me and advised me that he needed a MSgt to count the money at the various mess halls on base and that my only MSgt had been assigned to the duty for 30 days. I advised the SgtMaj that MSgts didn't do mess duty and that it was a SSgt job anyway. SgtMaj told me he had made the assignment and that he was to report at 0500 the next morning. The only MSgt that I had was the NCOIC of the base telephone department and the only one that could program the base switchboard.

I called my MSgt and told him: "I know you are not going to like what I'm going to tell you so don't say a thing and do exactly what I tell you." "I want you to take the rest of the day off but before you leave disconnect the base SgtMaj autovon access." The MSgt replied "The SgtMaj will raise Hell!" I told my MSgt to do as he was told and to take the rest of the day off AWAY from his phone.

This happened in the morning and about mid afternoon I got a call from the base SgtMaj complaining about no AUTOVON capability and that he wanted it ASAP!! It didn't help his disposition when I told him that thee must be a programming problem with the switch and that I would get the programmer on it as soon as he comes off of mess duty, in a month!! There was silence on the line and then the SgtMaj. questioned my parentage and advised me that my MSgt was no longer assigned to count the money!!!! He wasn't any happier when I told him that I had given the MSgt the day off and that it would be the next day before he would get AUTOVON back.

I was awaiting medical retirement but until the paperwork came through I got every **** detail the bas SgtMaj could come up with!!!

John U. Irwin Jr.
    MGySgt of Marines (Ret.) Never!

This is funny chit here Hehehehehe

Thread Information