Question
Create Post

Thread: Question

Question

Hello, I am currently 14 years old. I was just wondering if I had a realistic chance in becoming a "recon marine". I've been wanting to become a marine for about 5 or 6 years now and I have been attempting to prepare myself. I work out almost every day and I recently ran my first half marathon. (1:48:26 was my time!) I am very motivated and I think about the Marine Corps everyday. I don't know If there is anyway to determine an answer to my question, but please give me tips that could help me out. Thank you.(hope I did not sound ignorant)

u pm'd u the answer

Hey, I'll give you props...you have direction for a 14 year old. Stay in school and out of trouble. Thats your first and only priority right now. Everything else will fall into place later on. Oh and secondly, enjoy your time as a kid while you can, I wanted to grow up fast too...believe me, your time will come. Good luck to you bud.

what GreenRam said.

Credits
    Savings
    Green Ram said it well
    First priority complete school
    Second enjoy your youth,one day it will be gone

Then you can begin your Marine journey
    Fair winds and stay safe motivated one

Credits
    Savings
    Dont go getting any dumbassed tattoos,
    Or an arrest record,
    Or any girls pregnant,
    Do the best you can in HighSchool and Graduate.
    Do College if you get the chance and graduate that too.

You could have one of your parents contact a recruiter at your local recruiting station
    for some mail out info if you cant find enough on here to prime your pumps.

GreenRam said it very well, just keep in mind what he advised, and repeat it daily !

good luck "Grasshopper"

And there you have it.

A more important and relevant point is this....how is it a 14 year old was able to figure out site rules, fill out a profile, and post in the correct section on his FIRST posting, yet we have wannabees who are in their 20's, some with college degrees, who cannot seem to grasp this simple concept?

Kid, (no offense), you ask all the questions you want here. If you don't get answers, PM me personally and I'll get you what you are looking for.

Thread Information