Accessing pay after boot camp
Create Post

Accessing pay after boot camp

Ok so I'm planning a trip to Disney World for my ten days boot leave. The problem is I only have until 3 days before to pay. Will I be able to access my pay on family day so I can pay the balance? Also how much does a contract PFC make during recruit training?

I don't remember specific numbers on pay, but you will be able to go to the bank and get all your money out on family day.

Thanks that's a relief now I can go ahead and make reservations

You can expect about 640 a paycheck. Also take into consideration px runs and uniforms which are all deducted from your pay

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As an enlisted recruit or Marine you DO NOT pay for your INITIAL issue of uniforms at boot camp (including Dress Blues). You are responsible to purchase replacement uniform items to maintain that level, but you will be given a uniform allowance as part of your pay to do so. Listen to this part when they instruct you on it at boot camp, don't doze off as some seem to do.

You WILL have to pay for certain items, such as haircuts, personal hygiene items, scuz brushes, laundry soap, letter writing gear, etc. They give you an initial issue of this stuff at Receiving and it will be deducted from your first pay. Most of the purchases you make on PX runs later will be to replace this stuff.

After boot camp, if you want extra uniform items over the required issue, those come out of your pocket.

Ahh....the fond memories of being shocked at the low quanitity of money waiting for me in the Navy Fed account when I got out of bootcamp. Yeah, all that stuff you get in bootcamp, you pay for. In regard to Disney...I am pretty confident they have days throughout the year where servicemembers have low cost, or free, admission. Not sure if your timetable will for allow for that, but it seems like a really great deal.

Thread Information