Going to MEPS Wednesday!
Create Post

Going to MEPS Wednesday!

On Wednesday, July 27th, 2011...

I am going to Raleigh to go to MEPS.

So, when do I become an actual POOLee? After I go to MEPS?

How soon after I take my ASVAB do I receive my score?

When do I receive my ship date?

And finally, how do I get changed from member to POOLee on this forum?

You become a Poolee after you pass the medical exams and sign your contract at MEPS, You will swear in at MEPS and then go back to the office where youl officially become a Poolee, you'll know cause the Marine working at MEPS will give you your Poolee T Shirt, at least thats when i received mine, You will also get your ship day at MEPS. Im not to sure about the ASVAB but you will definatly get your score before you sign anything at MEPS so within that day i imagine, I think you can change your status to a Poolee by clicking the my info tab and changing the info, not sure tho, good luck

Man, I have been working for that T-Shirt for months...

I've lost over 30 pounds in 10 weeks just so I can go to MEPS.

And if I get my ship day at MEPS, they must give me my ASVAB, so... I will know about everything at MEPS.

Awesome.

EDIT: Also, I've looked to find a way to change my Membership to POOLee, and I can't find it... Probably going to have to talk to a moderator to do that.

Yeah i hear ya, once i got my shirt i never wanted to take it off, when your doing pt and working out and have it on it just gives encouragement and you know your not allowed to quit if your wearing it, and ya you will find out everything at MEPS, if you can't change it you might just have to make a new profile

I can't wait until I can hold the title of United States Marine.

I got my asvab scores about 2 minutes after I finished the test. The man in charge of testing brought us to his desk as we finished and printing them out. I did a Same-Day-Processing though so it might be different if you're doing the test the night before

My day at MEP's was the same as GFist. I got there at like 5am and went through all the medical screening and whatnot. You'll hear a lot of bad things about MEP's, but honestly it wasn't that bad. Just remember "hurry up and wait". It's a lot of sitting around for hours. But it's all made worth it when you finally swear in, I couldn't stop smiling.
    Good job with the weightloss, you seem pretty motivated, keep and it and good luck

I've been there 3 times now, the people/uniformed service members know my face pretty well.....they remember my last name by face and not the name tag.

MEPS is not that bad, people complain and make it seem worst then what it is. The first time I went I took the ASVAB the first day. Got there, did some fingerprints, waited, went up to the testing area, waited some more, took the test, and waited to be transported back to the hotel.

My Recruiter called me and told me I was good to go on the jobs I wanted by scores and just had to pass the exams.

Like stated before alot of hurry up and wait and you will be up early in the morning so if you're not a morning person make sure you get up early to wash up and stuff.

Once you're done with all your exams and stuff you'll go to the Marine Corps Liason, which is a Marine, that will sit you down and you'll begin talking jobs and such. You request what you want and then go down and do more finger prints, officially signing your contract. After all that you wait and swear in. After you do the swear in you go back to the MC liason office and go through the contract and stuff. You recieve your ship date then and sign the contract with him/her. After that you get a congrats with the Poolee PT shirt and a Marine Corps container that has some stickers, your knowledge book, and some other stuff.

Thats it.....have fun at your Military Entrance Processing Station!

Thread Information