Contract PFC & GI Bill?
Create Post

Exclamation Contract PFC & GI Bill?

I've searched both the Poolee forums and the archives, but I haven't been able to find the answer to my questions. I ship to MCRD San Diego on 20110801, which means I'm going to be signing my final contract soon.
    My questions are:
    -Where would I be able to see on my contract that I'm getting my GI Bill?
    -If I'm in the DEP should my Current contract state that I'm enlisting as a contract PFC? or will it be stated on my final contract at MEPS on Aug. 1st?
    -Should my contract state that I will be performing recruiter's assistance after recruit training?

All questions that, realistically..only YOUR recruiter can answer. Ask him/her.

I've gone and asked my recruiter these questions, but I only see him once every 3 months or something. When I did ask him he acted like it was such a big inconvenience, and I kid you not he replied "I don't know, go google it". So now I'm trying to get the answers on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Future MCRD DI View Post
    I've searched both the Poolee forums and the archives, but I haven't been able to find the answer to my questions. I ship to MCRD San Diego on 20110801, which means I'm going to be signing my final contract soon.
    My questions are:
    -Where would I be able to see on my contract that I'm getting my GI Bill?
    -If I'm in the DEP should my Current contract state that I'm enlisting as a contract PFC? or will it be stated on my final contract at MEPS on Aug. 1st?
    -Should my contract state that I will be performing recruiter's assistance after recruit training?

-That's a good question lol... as long as you pay into it a lil bit you will get it don't worry... and the post 9/11 GI bill is excellent.

-It should be on your final contract when you take your final oath before going to boot camp... read the whole thing, make sure everything's good to go... and if it's not in your contract your recruiter can literally fax your SDI and he "should" take care of it depending on the person.

-I'm not sure if you can have that added into your contract... I've never heard of that. I got recruiter's assistance because my school wasn't picking up for awhile so they let me take it, so I got my 10 days and 14 days RA. There was no part on my contract that said anything about me getting RA, they just told me in boot that I'd be getting it.

Also, have fun if you're going to the island in August, believe me... it's nice and toasty there

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You leave boot camp with a set of orders and if you are getting recruiters assistance it will be on noted on your orders. It won't be in your inititial contract.

Good morning Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time to clear up my questions (even though that's my Recruiters job). And I'll try and soak up the sun while in SD, I'll make sure to state to my DI's that I need a minimum of 30min for a good looking tan

You have a huge brief about the GI bill during boot camp which will explain all of it to you.

Thread Information