Scar on my hand
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scar on my hand

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Scar on my hand

Hi! I'm new here. I plan to enlist in a month and I already talked to a recruiter and It's pretty much all set up. One thing I forgot to tell the recruiter about was a scar on my and that I completely forgot about. Being how the marines is very selective it worries me that I wont be able to join.

The scar is on my left hand and about an inch below my thumb. It's in the shape of an X. What happened was in 10th grade I took metal tech. I was careless with my welding as I was welding this "X" design on a small table i was making. I guess I didnt weld it on tight enough and when i took off my gloves the X fell off onto my hand. My hand swelled up and I could smell the burned skin but I did nothing of it. Just band aid of it and in a few weeks it healed but now I have this scar. Sometimes you can see it well and other times you can't at all. Heres a pic of it. Also the scar on my knuckle is from a small biking accident. Sorry about the pic being so big. Also I'm not sure if I even posted this in the right section.

Credits
    Savings
    To be honest I'm not too worried about it. I won't say anything about it unless they ask. I just wanna know I'll be eligible to enlist.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You need to put a profile up first.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    You need to put a profile up first.
    what do you mean?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joshnielsen View Post
    what do you mean?

Evidently you have not read the rules and stickies before posting. If so, you would have learned a profile is required AND you would have posted in the Ask a Marine forum, not here.

Read the rules and stickies for wannabes and post a profile. Then send a PM to Sgt Leprechaun (a moderator) and ask him to move this thread to the proper location.

Marines read and follow rules, so shall you if you want to be a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK, your profile is good for the time being. If you become a Poolee, you will have to add ship dates and such, but that is down the road.

This forum is different than others. We like to know who we are talking to.

Regarding your questions: The scars are nothing. As long as the injuries that created them did not require professional medical treatment or are causing continued problems, they mean nothing. I don't know anyone who doesn't have some scars from childhood accidents.

You may still need to list them as I'm pretty certain they still want you to list "scars, marks, and tattoos." They used to need these to help with identifying your dead body sometimes. But with DNA and other techniques in use now, maybe not so much. No biggie. Just list them if asked.

From here, do your posting in the Recruit Forum, Ask a Marine. You will be locked out of some forums there until you become a Poolee.

Credits
    Savings
    They will list every scar, mark etc. in your record when you go through the administrative part of Boot Camp.

Credits
    Savings
    I just don't want the fact that I have this scar to affect my enlistment. I'm suppose to be enlisting in a month

Credits
    Savings

Everybody has them

I had a long one down my arm where my father threw me through a window when I came home drunk. Believe me you will have some more after your time in the MARINES. I now have them across my chin, across the top of my scalp and from my belly button to my pecker! I was also ugly and they still took me! So there is no need at all to worry about your scar. If that is the only thing you are worrying about you will have clear sailing!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus1 View Post
    ...and from my belly button to my pecker!

What did you have? a C-section?

Credits
    Savings

pecker stopping scar

Agent Orange cancer They did not bring me the baby if I had one anyway. It was probably real real ugly.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm not a recruiter so what I say doesn't mean a thing. You have what appears to me to be a brand on your hand. That is a pretty tall tale you have about it being from a welding accident.

Tatoos or brands on your hands is a disqualifier. Just my opinion.

Its so small it really shouldn't make a difference. I had small little scars all over my arms from burns while cooking and they never even asked me.

looks like a zipper burn
    next time open up before pulling your pin

I wouldn't worry about it, I have 2 or 3 of them from sharpening a knife incorrectly when I was a teenager. If I remember correctly my recruiter didn't care, and when I put in my MECEP package neither did the board. So like I said, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thread Information