The Right Thing To Do
Create Post

The Right Thing To Do

The Right Thing To Do
    I manage a concrete block plant located in the country where everybody knows your name. The other day an elderly gentleman came to buy some retaining wall block but wanted someone to come down and look at his project. As I pulled in his drive not a single blade of grass was out of place and there by the garage was the flagpole with the American flag and yes you guessed it a Marine Corp flag. I looked things over and was asked to come inside, what a treat. So Many pictures, books, plaques and awards hanging on the wall. This guy is 88 years young and a 4th Div Marine having made the landing at Iowa Jima. Well I had some of my guys go down to his house with the block and installed them. When this old salt came in the next day there was no way I could charge him anything for the block or labor. Thing is myself and the guys that worked for me respect his service and it was "The Right Thing To Do". So when you have an opportunity to help a Marine young or old will you do the right thing?
    Semper Fi

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    A-men brother.

Same, same here !
    That's the only course of action and well done !
    A salute to you and your men.
    Semper Fi, Scott

Well Done Brother, Outstanding!

Thread Information