Need advice
Create Post

Thread: Need advice

Need advice

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me.

My son has always wanted to be a Marine. He went June 2011 to talk to a recruiter. Since then he has turned in all his prudent personal information taken the Asvab did well then his recruiter told him he would be in touch. Well it has been 3 months and nothing. Is this normal? He (my son) calls him on a daily basis but it either just rings or goes straight to voice mail. He has gone by there and was told I'm sorry i'm just really busy. He's ready for meps but cant get any responce from the recruiter. Please help if this is normal then fine if we need to find another recruiter then fine i just need some advice.

He is ready to be a Marine.

Please help!!

Credits
    Savings
    Have your son ask for the NCOIC of the recruiting station you mention.

My guess is the Marines are overstaffed at the moment and slowing new recruits
    Entrance

I agree it would be nice if someone would give you the straight scoop

I will tell him thank you for your response. It is just very frustrating. This is all he has ever wanted and has worked so hard to get in shape and studied so hard to do well on the Asvabs. So I'll tell him and we'll see what happens.

Thank you again!

There are 3 or 4 active recruiters who are members of this forum. Maybe they will see your question and offer their perspective. Sounds to me like the recruiters are avoiding your son for some reason. Please let us know if anything changes and good luck.

I hope so thank you. That's what I think and I'm thinking he should just find a new recruiter.

Thank you again!!

Thread Information