Here's my situation. I'm dual enrolling in a high school and a community college. I'd be taking all my classes at both schools and would be doing sports at the high school. In order to this though, I need to be enrolled with a "base" school. This "base" school for me is considered a homeschool group by the Marines, and thus my recruiter told me I can't DEP in August as planned anymore.

I've been reading around, and it looks like since 2007 that 17 year old homeschooled students (even though I'm not really one anyways) CAN enlist and be in the DEP while working towards their homeschooled diploma. My recruiter is being told I must first have the homeschooled diploma before I can enlist though.

Anyone know whats what and whats true? I would have enough credits to graduate this fall; should I just do that instead? I'm using the DEP to boost my chances of getting a NROTC Scholarship in case I decide to become an officer and my recruiter tells me it will also help make sure I get the job I want (I'm currently doing a Reserve contract.) Thanks.