A dying Marines last request-Please Help!
Create Post

A dying Marines last request-Please Help!

Hello All:
    My name is Michele. My father is 75 years old; served in the Marine Corps for 25 years. He's very ill and doesn't have long to live. He's housebound and in a wheel chair. We were talking today about where he would like to be buried (hard conversation but necessary.) He said Quantico VA since that was his last duty station or Arlington VA, his second choice. I have no idea where to start on this, even the feasibility of of his request, but want to take care of arrangements now if possible and make him happy knowing his request was met. Can anyone help? I certainly appreciate any time and efforts sent our way.

Sincerely,

Michele Bondurant

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Michelle, here are two pieces of information for you.

www.arlingtoncemetery.org is the official web site for Arlington. It has info on eligibilty and phone numbers as well

Quantico is in Triangle, Virginia - telephone number is 703-221-2183 and I am sure they have a web site as well. Look for Quantico National Cemetery on the web.

Best wishes to you and your dad - and you are an excellent daughter to look out for his wishes.

Michele, call the local Disabled American Veterans Post, or
    American Legion Post, and ask for their help. I live in Oklahoma,
    and if I can be of any assistance, please email through this
    forum. Tell your father that he is in my and all of our prayers.
    Semper Fidelis, Tom

Quantico National Cemetery
    Triangle, Prince William County, Virginia
    P. O. Box 10
    18424 Joplin Rd (Route 619)
    Triangle, VA 22172
    (703) 221-2183 (local)
    (703) 690-2217 (metro)

Hey Michelle

Hey young Lady. And please don't forget to tell your Father for all of us: "Thank You". He deserves it.
    And as TMM54 mentioned please don't hesitate to come back here and ask for anything. We're here and in your corner.

Credits
    Savings
    ALL funeral directors have the necessary information on military burials. Also, the Department of Veterans Affairs can assist in burial fees and headstones depending on circumstances.
    My prayers are with your father. I thank him from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you to all of you!

I'd like to thank each of you that replied to my post. I was able to go the Quantico and Arlington websites you provided and find out lots of information. I'm also keeping the Vet numbers and info you provided close by and will be contacting them on Monday. I remembered the "Leatherneck" magazine that my Dad used to subscribe to years ago and that's what brought me here. You are all such a great group of people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I called Dad last night and was able to tell him that, "we're on a roll now with his request and it will happen!" You helped make him very happy and I can never adequately express my appreciation for that. Take care and God bless all of you!

Sincerely,

Michele

Thread Information