It's Tebow Time
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Tebow Time

It's Tebow Time

It’s Tebow Time.

This has become a familiar name in just the last few weeks for millions around the world. A phenomenon unlike anything I have ever seen.

Why has this happened and what does it mean to me?

First of all you must understand a bit about this young man. A very successful quarterback from University of Florida Gators. He became known to college sports fans for his outstanding play and leadership while being as championship quarterback. His play was exceptional, his personality was bubbling and warm. He drew criticism from sports fans for being very emotional. Openly weeping on the sidelines and even in interviews. His play was rarely brought into question as he laid it all out there every time he stepped on the field.
    What is so different about that? Many other exceptional athletes have done that as well.

Tim Tebow, a devout Christian spoke often and proudly about his love of the Lord Jesus. So what you say? Many others have done that.

Tebow seems to be the genuine article! He walks his faith and lives his faith. He doesn’t then become a thug or a womanizer bringing dishonor on his faith. He; like each of us is more than capable of making foolish mistakes, however isn’t it refreshing to see a genuine nice young man being genuinely nice?

His outward expression of faith has brought more positive reaction to Christianity in a few short weeks than the Apostle Paul did in his lifetime.
    Worldwide media was taken aback by this fine young man. We have become skeptical of professional athletes who say one thing and live something entirely different.

So his football record is not an expression of what team God likes! Not what player God likes! But what someone who loves the Lord should act like and live like.

Tim Tebow is certainly going to be in my prayers as I long to see this great young man continue to be a breath of fresh air in a stinky world.

Lord give us the courage and boldness to be effective witnesses of your love and grace as this young man has. Bless him and protect his heart and continue to strengthen his faith and life as a witness to you. AMEN!

well, Capt. as one who has just rediscovered his faith i just thought this might fit to go along with this thread about this refreshing young man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFt6v...all&playnext=2

It's all over for Tebow this year.

yup, just like my Lions,, got spanked,, but it was, over all a good year

It's over for Tebow the QB, but not Tebow the believer. I hope and pray for this young man...he's in a world of big money, surrounded by a many things that could destroy his faith and turn him in many different directions. I can only pray that he continues as well as he has been doing.

After the game it was great to see him chatting with some of the Pats, he's obviously got some respect on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    It's over for Tebow the QB, but not Tebow the believer. I hope and pray for this young man...he's in a world of big money, surrounded by a many things that could destroy his faith and turn him in many different directions. I can only pray that he continues as well as he has been doing.

After the game it was great to see him chatting with some of the Pats, he's obviously got some respect on the field.

Amen ameriken, I think he will be back next year better than ever, but like you I pray the bright lights and the money don't distract him from his faith.

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    well, Capt. as one who has just rediscovered his faith i just thought this might fit to go along with this thread about this refreshing young man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFt6v...all&playnext=2
    That is great Pat. Thanks

Thank You Doug, To Me Tebow Is A Great Role Model To Our Kids He Is A Great Athlete A Religious Man And Shows His Emotions Saying Its Okay For A Man To Cry. Doug I Wish There Were More Tebows Out There
    Semper Fi And Godbless You And Your Family

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amen~~~I got a call from 1 of My Daughters Fawn...who is 16 goin' on 19 and Say's I'm still gonna Marry Tim Tebow Daddy,and get Yah a great discount on His Memroblia....

I just find it funny that Tebow is pretty much the only virgin in the NFL. I don't think I want to live like that, being that rich and still a virgin haha. Glad I'm not one.

I think its even funnier that some people attribute his success to God. God doesn't make a team win through my allowing them to make touchdowns.

God certainly wasn't there for the Broncos last night haha. New England whooped their's and Tebow's asses bahaha.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-david-bowie/1

Jimmy Fallon combines Tim Tebow with David Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan B View Post
    I just find it funny that Tebow is pretty much the only virgin in the NFL. I don't think I want to live like that, being that rich and still a virgin haha. Glad I'm not one.

I think its even funnier that some people attribute his success to God. God doesn't make a team win through my allowing them to make touchdowns.

God certainly wasn't there for the Broncos last night haha. New England whooped their's and Tebow's asses bahaha.
    God is everywhere,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    God is everywhere,Semper Fidelis.
    Kinda find that hard to believe but ok...

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan B View Post
    Kinda find that hard to believe but ok...
    God doesn't take sides in football and belief in God doesn't make him a winning QB (and I don't think he believes it does), but hopefully his belief keeps himself and his life clean and on the straight and narrow. The NFL needs some good, positive role models both on and off the field and they are few and far between.

I'd rather have a guy like Tebow giving thanks to the Lord for the blessings and his station in his life rather than gambling on dog fights, getting into gunfights, doing drugs, or beating on his lady.

Credits
    Savings
    Yesterday, 10:29 PM USMC1963 This message has been deleted by USMC1963. Reason: wrong thread

You'd better approach the bench DAVE,,

Thread Information