Military Hairstyles...
Create Post

Military Hairstyles...

THE INDUCTION CUT

It's the shortest one in the military - a clipped cut, no razor is used; and anyone can do it. It's sometimes called the "Mighty Fine."

THE FLATTOP

This is the favored cut among the upper brass of the armed forces. It is so named because the tip of the head is very carefully clipped to resemble a flat board. The flatter the top, the more professional it is.
    Because the natural shape of the head is round, great expertise is required to get it right. The sides are trimmed almost, but not totally, to baldness. A variety of the flattop is achieved by making the frontal portion of the hair into U-shape. That's known as the hoseshoe flattop.

THE HIGH AND TIGHT

Many hircuts can qualify as a high and tight, but the basic principle is the same. The haircut gives an effect that the hair is pulled high and tight above the head. The hair around the sides and back is clipped and trimmed very short (crew cut length) so the scalp is almost visible, while the hair on top of the head is kept longer and appears to be standing erect. Variations may be seen - but use a professional barber for all.

You can't have a bad hair day with a high and tight. And you spend less on shampoo.

Ray,

I had a Flat Top that was cut so close in AVI training that the Sailers called me put a V on my head. Everywhere I went I heard " Put a V on my head." I would look in the mirror and true to form only a V would be seen on top 1 line diagonal from the other starting on my forhead and going midway back to my crown. I actually paid 4.25 for that haircut. Should have kept my .25 tip.

Just thought I would share.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Ray,

I had a Flat Top that was cut so close in AVI training that the Sailers called me put a V on my head. Everywhere I went I heard " Put a V on my head." I would look in the mirror and true to form only a V would be seen on top 1 line diagonal from the other starting on my forhead and going midway back to my crown. I actually paid 4.25 for that haircut. Should have kept my .25 tip.

Just thought I would share.
    If I'm picturing it correctly in my head, that haircut is now technically consider "eccentric" and not allowed. I don't think it's policed too heavily though.

I prefer to bic my head, either that or the super-duper-ultra-low reg.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    When I was in school. The flat top was the cut most boys had. They also had what they called the hollywood flat top. Where the top was flat but the sides were long and combed back to a duck tail, if you were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    , either that or the super-duper-ultra-low reg.
    Hell yeah, Ive rocked a low reg since I checked in. I think a well done/blended low reg provides the most truely conservative look. It "closely clipped" as the order states, but dosent scream to passerbys" hey guys, Im a motivated robosoldier, wanna have a beer and recite the general orders!".

The nail that sticks out gets hammered.Nothing sticks out worse in the airport like a screamin eagle.

Because of my Marine experience I wear a short to medium pony-tail and a short to medium full beard. I first started wearing longer hair and a full beard back in the Arizona.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Because of my Marine experience I wear a short to medium pony-tail and a short to medium full beard. I first started wearing longer hair and a full beard back in the Arizona.
    Back in the Arizona, I looked like a homeless bum with the shakes, looking for a bottle of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Back in the Arizona, I looked like a homeless bum with the shakes, looking for a bottle of wine.
    If the truth be told Billy, you were a homeless bum with the shakes. By the way, has that changed much?

At least I had a home in the rear at the beautiful garden spot and R&R center called An Hoa. We even had cold beer most of the time.

Thread Information