Corpsman Killed in Afghanistan
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Corpsman Killed in Afghanistan

Family: Hospitalman killed in Afghanistan

MIDLAND, Mich. — A Navy hospital corpsman who enlisted out of high school and was on his first deployment to Afghanistan has been killed in action, his mother said Wednesday.

The remains of Aaron Ullom, 20, of Midland are scheduled to arrive Thursday afternoon at Dover Air Force Base, Del. Ullom was serving alongside a Marine unit when he was killed Tuesday.

Ullom enlisted in the Navy after a recruiter visited his school, said his mother, Debi Bartley-Ullom. She said his first deployment to Afghanistan began in February.

“We are very proud of him,” Bartley-Ullom told The Midland Daily News. “He loved doing what he did. He loved being a Navy man. He will be missed by many.”

Ullom was on a training mission with Afghan troops when they came under fire from insurgents, his family told television stations WNEM and WWTV/WWUP. He was a 2009 graduate of Midland High School, where he played football and ran track.

Ullom “was definitely brave,” said Arielle Stoneburner, 20, of Midland, a friend and high school classmate.

“I know there were times when somebody needed help with something and it seemed like the most ridiculous thing they needed done, or something you would never find anybody to do, and here’d come Aaron, coming down the road, wanting to do it,” Stoneburner told The Saginaw News.

“He was really a hard-driven kid,” Stoneburner added. “He was one of those kids where if you went up to him and asked him a question, he would find out the answer for you no matter how long he had to work on getting it.”

Funeral arrangements were incomplete as of Wednesday afternoon.
    http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/07/ap-navy-afghanistan-hospitalman-kil led-071311/

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....REST IN PEACE, BROTHER.....
    SEMPER FI......Doc Greek.....

DocGreek has Said it Right...REST IN Peace Brother-May your Family and You find Peace and Healing.May You Be Reborn into Greatness.May You Experience Joy and Love in Heaven.May you be Honored and Rewarded by Marines and Corpsmen in Heaven.God Bless You Doc Aaron Ullom Forever.

RIP Doc.

Rest In Peace My Brother May God Craddle You In His Arms. May God Richley Bless Your Family And Watch Over Them.
    Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

RIP Doc.

RIP Doc.

A Corpsman's Prayer

Grant me, oh Lord, for the coming events;
    Enough knowledge to cope and some plain common sense.
    Be at our side on those nightly patrols;
    And be merciful judging our vulnerable souls.
    Make my hands steady and as sure as a rock;
    when the others go down with a wound or in shock.
    Let me be close, when they bleed in the mud;
    With a tourniquet handy to save precious blood.
    Here in the jungle, the enemy near;
    Even the corpsman can't offer much lightness and cheer.
    Just help me, oh Lord, to save lives when I can;
    Because even out there is merit in man.
    If It's Your will, make casualties light;
    And don't let any die in the murderous night.
    These are my friends I'm trying to save;
    They are frightened at times, but You know they are brave.
    Let me not fail when they need so much;
    But to help me serve with a compassionate touch.
    Lord, I'm no hero -- my job is to heal;
    And I want You to know Just how helpless I feel.
    Bring us back safely to camp with dawn;
    For too many of us are already gone.
    Lord bless my friends If that's part of your plan;
    And go with us tonight, when we go out again.

Author Unknown

"It may surprise some but the Navy Corpsman has a long proud tradition of serving with the United States Marine Corps. They have fought with us, fought along side of us, and sadly have made the ultimate sacrifice for us. Their Medal of Honor citations read like they were Marines... and by God I will honor them like the Marines they so proudly served! "

THANK YOU RAZ, WE RECITED THAT WITH THE CORPSMANS PLEDGE. WE AS CORPSMAN ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO. WE ALSO ALWAY TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE MOTTO SEMPER FI TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY.
    THANKS AGAIN RAZ AND SEMPER FI MY BROTHER

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

RIP Doc the MARINES guarding Heaven will sadly but gladly let you in.SEMPER FI

Rest in Peace my Brother.. May God give your family comfort and peace. SEMPER FI!

RIP Brother...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rest In Peace Brother

Thread Information