Hospital Records
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Hospital Records

I've got a question that some of you experienced folks might be able to help me with.

My records were destroyed in the big Dong Ha rocket hit in 67. My service record was kind of pieced together, my medical records were not, they are blank from the day I enlisted to November 67.

I busted my foot up pretty bad in bootcamp, MCRD San Diego, 1966. Was in the base, boot hospital, for 3 weeks or so. My foot has been screwed up ever since and as I get older it's gotten far worse. I now have to take my shoes to a special ortho shoe guy who modifies my right shoe to handle the bone deformity. This costs a lot of money that I think the VA should pick up as it is definately service connected but I can't docoment it because it's not in my medical records.

I've heard that there is a way to contact the base hospital and get my records.

Can anybody give me the contact info or the procedure required to get them?

Anthony As Far As I Know You Will Have To Sign A Hippa Form(giving The Va Permission To Release Your Medical Records) For Doctor To Get You Medical Record You Might Have To Try St Louis Even Though Your Health Records Were Distroyed In 1967 Your Hospitol Copy Would Be Sent After So Many Years. As Best To My Knowlege And Experience As A Corpsman And Nurse. Those Are The 2 Best Options I Can Suggest Anthony
    Semper Fi And Goodluck My Brother
    Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

HST...hospital records are maintained seperately from your personal medical record. Contact the National Personnel Records Center (use a form SF180) for those medical records. You need to specify that you are looking for records from a SPECIFIC hospital, and if possible, the time frame that you were in the hospital. If you are still in contact with anyone that you were in bootcamp with that knows about this incident / injury, you can get him to write you a "buddy statement" (have it notarized, it's not really necessary, but VA seems to accept notarized statements more readily) which you can submit in the absence of the medical records. If you get the records, the "buddy statement" is iceing on the cake.

Semper Fi

Thank You Top Could Had Said Better Myself!!!

Semper Fi Sir

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    Top, I got my records some years ago, that's how I found out that they didn't try to reconstruct them. I didn't know that I could request specific hospital records. i'll download the form and give it a try. Thanks.

Thread Information