Sold Out. The price of your destiny
Create Post

Sold Out. The price of your destiny

[FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']This week we celebrated the 4th of July. On July 4, 1776, 56 men signed the Declaration of Independence. When they chose to sign that document, they were committing high treason, with a penalty of hanging. Later, five of them were captured, 12 of them had their homes seized by the British, and 17 lost all that they had. Although 120,000 later joined their cause, 26,000 died in the fight to birth this great nation.[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']These guys were heroes. Not the kind of heroes our confused culture thinks of. Sports stars aren’t heroes. They change teams for better contracts. These guys were real people who put the needs of others ahead of their own. For them, there was no turning back. They were willing to pay any price. They were willing to sacrifice everything.[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Butch was another hero. You probably haven’t heard of him, but you’ll recognize his name. Butch was a commander fighter pilot assigned to the aircraft carrier Lexington in WWII. As he took off for an attack, he realized his gas tanks hadn’t been filled. When he turned back to return to the fleet, he saw a Japanese squadron heading that way. There was no one there to help. The planes had taken off and Butch had no way to reach them. He was it. At that moment, he laid aside all thoughts of personal safety and charged forward, attacking as many enemy planes as possible. When his ammunition was gone, he dove in trying to clip the wings or tails in the hopes of rendering them unfit to fly. Finally, the exasperated Japanese took off in another direction. When Butch landed back on the carrier and they pulled his gun cameras, they found out he had shot down five enemy aircraft and literally saved the fleet. His hometown wanted to be sure that the memory of this hero lived on, so they named an airport after him—O’Hare—the Chicago O’Hare International Airport.[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Now, you’re not necessarily called into gunfire, but what price are you willing to pay? Would you head into the conflict like Butch O’Hare? Would you be willing to take on Goliath like David? Would you be willing to give everything?[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']See, too many people think they’re destiny is free, or that it’s just something God works out, but that’s not true. We have to jump into the conflict. We have to work with God, and there’s a price.[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Matthew 13:44 tells us that the Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. That treasure will cost you everything. Now, I know what you’re thinking—it didn’t cost David everything. He came out victorious. But, David was willing to give everything to face Goliath. The promise of reward was available to King Saul and the whole army, but they were in the back quaking in fear. David was the only one willing to lay down his life for the reward.[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']In I Corinthians 6:19, we uncover the real mystery of water baptism. It says you voluntarily die to yourself. You go under water dying to self and commit to living a new life when you come up. Jesus told us to pick up our crosses daily and follow Him. What does that mean? You sacrifice everything. [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']If we’re dead to ourselves we submit to authorities, we hold our tongue, we stop thinking we need to share our opinions, and we don’t bother getting offended. So, God pokes us with things we don’t want to do, or uses someone who pushes our buttons, to see if we’re sold out. If not, we get to pass that test again.[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Here’s the key. A puzzle piece is unique. So are you. Now, when you take a puzzle piece and snap it into a puzzle, what happens? IT DISAPPEARS. That’s God’s plan for how we fit too. He doesn’t ask us to lay down our lives because He’s a hard taskmaster. He asks us to lay down our lives because He knows the bigger plan. He sees how we fit into the bigger picture. [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Trust me. The puny plans you have for your life are nothing compared to God’s great plans for you—plans for wealth, contentment, protection, and peace. You’ll have stories of you and God being heroes together, amazing stories to tell your grandkids about years from now. But there is a price. It’s everything.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']By Pastor Gary Keesee[/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Faith Life Church. New Albany ,Ohio[/FONT]

Credits
    Savings
    Butch O' Hare, and a test of free will.

Thank You Doug, Got Me Really Thinking On This One!!! Iam Not By Any Stretch Of The Imagination Like Any Of These Great Men. I Try To Live The Christian Life The Best I Can. Sometimes I Have Good Days And Sometimes I Have Bad Days When I Do Ipray To God And Ask Him For Forgivness And The Strength To Carry On And Try Again The Next Day.

Semper Fi And Godbless

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    Thank You Doug, Got Me Really Thinking On This One!!! Iam Not By Any Stretch Of The Imagination Like Any Of These Great Men. I Try To Live The Christian Life The Best I Can. Sometimes I Have Good Days And Sometimes I Have Bad Days When I Do Ipray To God And Ask Him For Forgivness And The Strength To Carry On And Try Again The Next Day.

Semper Fi And Godbless

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

That is all God wants Doc. Strive to live for him each day and forget our transgressions.

He loves us and wants to bless us even more day after day as we grow in his wisdom.

Thread Information