After boot camp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeG View Post
    I joined this forum when I was thinking about joining the Corps, so what? I updated my profile with the most information I felt comfortable releasing, now take the stick out of your azz.

I guess my only choice now is to end the relationship. I do NOT want to deal with a long term relationship. This really sucks, because I really like this girl.
    You may want to get your priorities straight.

"We both have agreed that we can deal with the deployments over seas but if I also have to live 2k miles away from her in between those deployments it will probably be a relationship breaker."

Let me tell you something. If you are in a relationship right now, and your or her concern is being worried about what factors will break it up, get out now! It's not meant to be.

I am serious. If two people are seriously in love, time, distance, events, circumstances, duty stations, whatever matter not.

I went to boot camp when I was 17. I had a girl friend who was 16 and starting her junior year in high school. I actually told her to not sit around waiting because there was no telling what would take place. I also encouraged her to go to school dances even though she did not want to. When I came home on leave, we saw each other, we dated, but never once did I concern myself, nor did she, about "breaking up."

She eventually graduated high school. The following year we were married. Because we did not approach our relationship in the manner that you are describing, when I later went overseas for a year unaccompanied, we were mentally prepared. There was none of this "I can't live without you" garbage. She understood the needs of the Marine Corps, and we had learned to function apart. We've been married for 30+ years now.

If she is giving you ultimatums, I am sorry, but that sounds like handwriting on the wall for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeG View Post
    I joined this forum when I was thinking about joining the Corps, so what? I updated my profile with the most information I felt comfortable releasing, now take the stick out of your azz.

I guess my only choice now is to end the relationship. I do NOT want to deal with a long term relationship. This really sucks, because I really like this girl.
    Dang, I wasted my freakin' time posting this little tard a legit response before I read through other posts.

If I had seen this disrespectful post to Old Marine before, I would not have taken the time!

Little piece of nonrate crap!

Appears Sgt Lep extricated his arse right outta here...yeah sweet justiceThere is another poster over in the Open Squadbay forum who needs to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS4429 View Post
    Dang, I wasted my freakin' time posting this little tard a legit response before I read through other posts.!
    Little piece of nonrate crap!
    Ha...that's funny.
    Why is it funny, you ask....because I've done the exact same thing.
    I gave myself a good cussing out after discovering my err.

Thread Information