Harder to join as a post graduate?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Harder to join as a post graduate?

Hi I just had a question for any marines out there who might have some advice. I'm 24 and I've been wanting to join the marines for a little while now. I've been talking to a recruiter and I'm probably going to try to sign up in a month or so. This last weekend though I was out fishing and started talking to this marine that was there. He told me it is a lot harder to join up as someone who has been out of high school for a while because the Corps only wants people who want to join up as soon as they graduate. I was just wondering I there is any truth to that statement. I've been meaning to ask my recruiter but I havent been able to go see him yet because I have been working since then. Oh and I got a 96 on the practice asvab if that will help me at all. Any advice you guys can give me would be great.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackjensen View Post
    Hi I just had a question for any marines out there who might have some advice. I'm 24 and I've been wanting to join the marines for a little while now. I've been talking to a recruiter and I'm probably going to try to sign up in a month or so. This last weekend though I was out fishing and started talking to this marine that was there. He told me it is a lot harder to join up as someone who has been out of high school for a while because the Corps only wants people who want to join up as soon as they graduate. I was just wondering I there is any truth to that statement. I've been meaning to ask my recruiter but I havent been able to go see him yet because I have been working since then. Oh and I got a 96 on the practice asvab if that will help me at all. Any advice you guys can give me would be great.
    Go to a recruiter and get serious. Yes, the Corps does prefer recruits fairly fresh from HS, but if you are in good shape, get anywhere near a 96 on a real ASVAB, they may give you a fair look.

Say Hi to Sarah for me.

You're not too old yet but your clock is ticking and you're not getting any younger. If you're serious about joining, don't waste anymore time and stop making excuses. Get your butt over to your recruiter's office and start the ball rolling.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's def not too late. I enlisted at 23, and thats a couple years after I earned my bachelors. I don't know what you have been doing for the past 6 years, but it's time for you to buckle down and talk to a recruiter.

Thread Information