Actors who Portrayed Marines
Create Post

Actors who Portrayed Marines

Did a Google search for actors who played Marines, and found the below site. But I'm puzzled by it. Maybe I'm wrong, but Charlie Sheen was in the Army in "Platoon". And John Wayne wasn't a Marine in real life. Just a couple of blaringly wrong "facts" I found on this site, and a prime example of how you have to take facts researched on the internet with a grain of salt.

http://neohumanism.org/l/li/list_of_...in_movies.html

Credits
    Savings
    congratulations,, take everything you see on the internet with a grain of salt.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Of the 7 listed only 3 were actually in the Marines.

Looks like a pretty incomplete list. No Drew Carey for the real Marine section. Or Jack Nickolson, Kevin Bacon (Twice - and in my opinion plays a fantastic Marine) or Tyrese Gibson.

Cathrine Bell----JAG

This list is Bogus.

Yeah, that's why I posted it. I thought about how many actually take this sh!t serious, and factual. Wife and I are huge John Wayne fans and were appalled, and believe he would be also, to have being listed as a Real Marine. He portrayed Marines with pride, and had a deep respect for them, but I don't believe he would ever have posed as one. Or tolerated a site like that one.

Kevin Bacon did an outstanding job in "Taking Chance" If you haven't seen it, make a point of watching it. It was one of my favorite roles for him.

As other's have said; the list is bogus! No credence!

Clint Eastwood is a brother?

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtt32 View Post
    Clint Eastwood is a brother?
    Eastwood was drafted into the Army and spent his time at Fort Ord, in Monterey,California in Special Services. In 1954 he moved to L.A. and became an actor.

Quote Originally Posted by William Hardy View Post
    Kevin Bacon did an outstanding job in "Taking Chance" If you haven't seen it, make a point of watching it. It was one of my favorite roles for him.
    I agree. "Taking Chance" is a very good movie, and made my eyes leak. Kevin Bacon always portrays Marines with honor. In "A few good Men" he played a Captain, and did an outstanding job.

Actors who were also real life marines

Fruity Rudy played himself in Gen Kill.

Thread Information