Royal Marines
Create Post

Thread: Royal Marines

Royal Marines

Have any of you worked with them? Good as advertised? Looks like their initial training process is a very long one. I have learned I have a ancestor who was one and participated in D-Day landings. They have a really nice recruiting site I have looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    Have any of you worked with them? Good as advertised? Looks like their initial training process is a very long one. I have learned I have a ancestor who was one and participated in D-Day landings. They have a really nice recruiting site I have looked at.
    I have. They are very nice guys. I worked with them when some visited Beaufort. Got to work with some in the control tower. I also worked with a few on deployment to Afghanistan. Very disciplined, and very motivated guys. I really enjoyed working with them. I learned a lot about them and the UK too. I considered it a privilege and an honor to work with my Brother Marines from across the Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Conch View Post
    I have. They are very nice guys. I worked with them when some visited Beaufort. Got to work with some in the control tower. I also worked with a few on deployment to Afghanistan. Very disciplined, and very motivated guys. I really enjoyed working with them. I learned a lot about them and the UK too. I considered it a privilege and an honor to work with my Brother Marines from across the Atlantic.

Thanks. I think the UK guys in general are nice. I was around their Army's 1st Armored div during Desert Storm and they were great guys and they were very impressive out there performance wise to boot.

I shot with them on Div matches. Good guys.

Thread Information