What do grunts think about those who lat move to 03xx - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for all the replies.. i'll start doing my research on some of those other MOS's that have .more. involvement with the war before asking my NCO to see the career planner and get things rolling. Pushing infantry to back of my brain housing group,,, for now

Btw, someone explain to me what PC is !?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Sokol View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.. i'll start doing my research on some of those other MOS's that have .more. involvement with the war before asking my NCO to see the career planner and get things rolling. Pushing infantry to back of my brain housing group,,, for now

Btw, someone explain to me what PC is !?
    Polliticly Correct.

Yep, I was specifically talking about guys who try to portray this "we are the world"attitude in the marines that the admin squirrel who works at IPAC is just as much a warrior as the grunt squad leader or Marsoc CSO.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yeah .trha may I',m feeling right Now!!! We were Taking ogg tha Dead gooks.as was thta 7th.And 5/Th Marines Chit,,plus 1/1 AND killing CAHRLIE'S 7& NUYENS Of the North Chit...

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    Yep, I was specifically talking about guys who try to portray this "we are the world"attitude in the marines that the admin squirrel who works at IPAC is just as much a warrior as the grunt squad leader or Marsoc CSO.
    I wouldn't say "warrior" exactly, maybe just as much a Marine simply because of the title, but that's about it.

Know your role

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    the admin squirrel who works at IPAC is just as much a warrior as the grunt squad leader or Marsoc CSO.
    Do you really believe that crap? You obviously have not been around that long or done that much. This is no offense to the "admin squirrel" it is just reality. Most guys/gals who pick admin know why they picked admin - they want to be part of the team and contribute, but they are not "starters" and they know that. They are JV. Guys that go to/ and make it in MARSOC or other SOC units are cut from a different cloth. If you don't know that then you have not been at/ around the tip of the spear. It takes a special man, a warrior, to do what most grunts do on daily basis. And I'm not referring to the back in the rear crap.

One of my favorite quotes.... " "Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there; eighty are nothing but targets; nine are real fighters….We are lucky to have them….They make the battle. Ah; but one; one of them is a Warrior….And he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

If a person goes in the Corps and chooses Admin it doesn't make them a bad person; and among other branches they are warriors. But among our own, our greatest warriors, they are just admin. It is what it is -- don't sugar coat it or kid yourself.

Most admin guys that I ever knew, knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Do you really believe that crap? You obviously have not been around that long or done that much. This is no offense to the "admin squirrel" it is just reality. Most guys/gals who pick admin know why they picked admin - they want to be part of the team and contribute, but they are not "starters" and they know that. They are JV. Guys that go to/ and make it in MARSOC or other SOC units are cut from a different cloth. If you don't know that then you have not been at/ around the tip of the spear. It takes a special man, a warrior, to do what most grunts do on daily basis. And I'm not referring to the back in the rear crap.

One of my favorite quotes.... " "Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there; eighty are nothing but targets; nine are real fighters….We are lucky to have them….They make the battle. Ah; but one; one of them is a Warrior….And he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

If a person goes in the Corps and chooses Admin it doesn't make them a bad person; and among other branches they are warriors. But among our own, our greatest warriors, they are just admin. It is what it is -- don't sugar coat it or kid yourself.

If you aren't a General, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

DUDE. Can you read????? let me quote what I wrote for you. please read the whole thing.

PLEASE READ
    This is refering to the "PC" comment I made earlier.

Are we huffing canned paint in here?

Thread Information