What do grunts think about those who lat move to 03xx
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do grunts think about those who lat move to 03xx

What do grunts think about those who have lat moved to the 0311 MOS?

I've heard you get treated like you're a boot all over again, simple for the fact that you haven't gone through what THEY have gone through. I've been thinking very strongly of switching from 2311 to 0311, or possibly MSG. I'm almost embarrassed, oh wait... I AM embarrassed to tell civilians what I do in the Marine Corps.

So If I lat move to 0311 as a LANCE CORPORAL, how would it be for me? Any tips?

Why are you embarrassed to tell civilians your job? If the Marine Corps didn't need your present MOS,who would do it?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Why are you embarrassed to tell civilians your job? If the Marine Corps didn't need your present MOS,who would do it?
    His post is pretty typical of 10% in the Corps today who are not in the infantry and think that they can become infantry and turn into another Audie Murphy.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The grunts think that a Marine who lat moves from an MOS with a fairly routine schedule, good working conditions, and an actual trade; to the grunts, is a real dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    The grunts think that a Marine who lat moves from an MOS with a fairly routine schedule, good working conditions, and an actual trade; to the grunts, is a real dumbass.
    NICELY SAID !!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You got too B-Chittin' Me living the Life of an ANIMAL instead of being in tha REAR with The BEER.Play GRUNT 4 a day on Rifle Qual.Day,and Knock Out QUEERS for some FUNN...S/F

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Grunts don't need Marines that adore the title. Grunts need Marines that adore death.

You are just as much a Marine as any grunt, so you shouldn't be embarrassed. You should be proud that you are a Marine period.

Credits
    Savings

I can't speak for the grunts.
    But some of the rest of us are
    getting a good laugh about it.

I SPENT 5yrs WITH THE GRUNTS I ENJOYED IT AND I LEARNED ALOT FROM THEM TOO. GRUNTS HAVE MORE COMMON SENSE THEN MOST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER KNOWN SEMPER FI I LOVE ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS GRUNTS OR NOT.

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Grunts couldn't do their job....without an ammo tech....

As stated be happy that you are a Marine.

Be proud of your job....you may only be one cog in the wheel.....but it is a cog that is needed to keep the wheels turning.

I loved being a grunt.....and wouldn't have wanted to be anything else....except a Marine....but I would have loved to stay in the rear....with the gear....beer....and three hots and a cot......

MSG would be good for career advancement......but.....just be happy that you are a Marine and have earned that title to carry all the way to the grave!

It's foolish to feel embarrassed for what you do, and trying to compensate by doing something different.

Be happy you are a Marine.

BINGO! I knew a few (granted, back in the day) who did this exact thing and we looked at them like "Doood, you are a frakkin moron".

Stay where you are at.

So what the hell do you guys think of the guys who re-up and stay 03?

I as well am rather sheepish to tell people what I REALLY do at "work" , which is PT on my own,looking over basic skills powerpoints in other commands folders on the share drive, and more facebook and google surfing then your teen age daughter. Facebook would be 90% of that.

Plus, all this "you should just be happy to be a marine" stuff is PC bull****.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Plus, all this "you should just be happy to be a marine" stuff is PC bull****.
    Otay...u win.....

Don't be happy....I don't give a rats patootie!

Thread Information