Married Marines that don't live in barracks ,forced to clean them?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Married Marines that don't live in barracks ,forced to clean them?

I'm married I don't live in the barracks but my sections makes us stay to clean thebarracks during field day, which runs way longer then the proscribed time in the regimental policy.
    I haven't read the beq orders to see if they differ, Need PKi for it, the barracks field day guidelines do use the words such as residents of the barracks are responsible... For various things. Policy also says all residents regardless of section/company, so it should be like they need us I know atleat 50 ppl live in the barracks. Is their something I'm missing they just started this a couple weeks ago. I've been in for 3 years and never had seen one married marine other then those SNOIC that came by to check the cleanliness, while I lived in them.
    Do I have a way out of this?
    Nobody is going to clean my house for me why I should I have to clean theirs?

What does PKi mean?

You've been in for 3 years and you're still a private (that's what you claim on your profile anyway)? That's probably why they're messing with you.

If you feel strongly enough about it, you can always request mast and talk to the old man (your CO).

Sir, PKI are the certificates on CAC cards used with DOD root hints to access government websites,
    I understand requesting mass is an option Sir,
    The question i have are policy's suppose to held to the same degree as an order?

Thanks

Stop *****ing. We have our married guys help in field daying the common areas and outside before they leave on field day. Those areas they do use along with everyone else. Help your brothers out then go home.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As long as YOU are in YOU are Married too The UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS...

When I was in, it was never a question of whether or not you lived in the barracks. The barracks and the Comapany area were representative of your unit, not the individual Marines attached to the unit. All Marines in the command were responsible for representing our unit and its accompanying areas. If it was part of the command's area, it was your personal, private property, which you shared with the other Marines in the unit. The cleaning and maintenance of said property was everyone's responsibility. I don't know why this would change...Carry on.

Question ^^^ not answerd

If you try to fight it with "well...the policy says this" or "well...the order says that" then more often then not nothing will change as to your situation. You can always tactfully talk to your section leader since it doesn't seem like you have from what you said. If he/she says no and you feel as strongly about it you can go to the next higher. I don't know how the Marines are in your unit so it's hard to give advice. There should be easier ways then requesting mast.

Do I have a way out of this?
    Nobody is going to clean my house for me why I should I have to clean theirs?
    I'm going to assume that you either you are biding time to EAS in a year or so, just pinned on corporal and/or have not received one bit of leadership training. What it seems like to me is that there might be a problem. A bigger problem, that even transcends you going home to your house--the conduct of field day is exceeding the time prescribed by policy/order. What that means is that either junior Marines in your unit and section are either being F'd with or not being led correctly in the conduct of field. Maybe take the initiative to make their lives better rather then just worry about yourself given that you are an NCO. If they are being F'd with, approach those that are F'ing with them or; if they are not being led properly, then lead them.

I was in charge of field day in the barracks every week my last two years in.I was married lived off base, Sgt still in charge and was responsible for making sure it was done or else I had to stay until it was finished.

Good, advice I wasnt just worrying about myself, which why I mentioned them field daying for 3 plus hours. After that A Sgt, from our section did NOT release them after the company 1st Sgt said they were secured, which I hadnt gotten their yet, which was why I brought up the policy letter, their not suppose to be white glove inspections, policy letter clearly states general cleanup, mopping, etc.. I could clean a barracks room in 20min, well enough to pass inspections that weren't stupid,
    The Sgt clearly up and left when his wife called, then everyone was secured merely seconds later,.. I'm not the only one that feels its ****ed up, my problem is so much as cleaning the common areas it's 3hrs of cleaning the common areas and waiting for clean rooms to be clean

I haven't been a Cpl very long, but their are those Sgts and Cpls that I idol persay and those that just make me think how stupid they make things

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    Stop *****ing. We have our married guys help in field daying the common areas and outside before they leave on field day. Those areas they do use along with everyone else. Help your brothers out then go home.

^---This.

It was the same with my unit. The married guys helped with the common areas that everyone used and then went home.

As for field day going longer than the policy states, do you really think that things can get cleaned to inspection standard in one hour? Games aside, I seem to recall running around the barracks like a mad man while checking the 4 rooms my Marines were in. I was constantly correcting things and telling them to fix it. It's not like field day is freaking difficult, but you know how some Marines are about it.

Mind you, I'm mostly referring to field day sans games. I do believe in games as a corrective action. Playing them simply for the sake of flexing blood stripes is ridiculous.

(Also, double post, I know, but my browser's on the fritz and not letting me edit after a failed attempt.)

Quote Originally Posted by Freeto View Post
    Question ^^^ not answerd
    Why would anyone answer your question. If you want answers fill out your profile as the site rules state. Oh yea, and quit whinning.

Never liked the Marines who were married with less than 4 years in service. Never seemed right to me. They, usually pvts, pfc's and lcpls, always complained how they needed to get home to their wife and kids while the rest of us field day'd not just the barracks but all the common areas as well. 8 pm would roll around and all the barracks Marines were still cleaning **** up while the married Marines were either at home with their wife, at their girlfriends apartment or drunk on a bar stool.

Guess I was just jealous.

Thread Information