4.1/3.9 pro&con discharge
Create Post

4.1/3.9 pro&con discharge

ok so im pretty much ****ting bricks, here's my story as you can tell i sure as hell wasnt the perfect marine. i guess you can say i dropped my pack when i was NJP'ed after my wife left me took my 6 month old son and ended up with who i thought was my best friend. Obviously i was living out in town and had to move into the most disgusting geo barracks i had ever seen. i didnt know anyone there and i was SEVERELY depressed. I was at the point where i wanted to take my own life. A friend stationed with me from my hometown saw how i was and pretty much invited me to stay in his bachelor barracks for marines that are not drawing BAH so i could keep busy, watch movies, play video games etc... instead of being in a disgusting open squad bay where i had no t.v, internet, and the rooms were separated by cubicles. I have to say if it wasnt for my friend helping me out i dont know if i'd still be alive. Well I was told by my SNCO not to stay over in his room but i continued to and was njp'ed for disobeying a lawful order. never once was i asked why i was staying in his room. Thats the only njp i have and always recieved low pros n cons after that. i wasnt a COMPLETE dirtbag i guess you can say i always did the bare minimum. Got my haircuts every week, showed up on time, did my job and thats it. I know i didnt care cause i was depressed because as soon as i had the guts to see a doctor and be put on medicine i improved a lot. now my average pros & cons in service are 4.1/3.9 and im scared to death i wont get an honorable discharge, can anyone help me with any type of information on that? anything will help! Thank you! oh yeah i was approved for early out which moved my eas to august 14th and with terminal will make me get out on august 1st.

As far as I know, your NJP should be treated as a hiccup in your enlistment. The whole purpose of getting NJP'd instead of a court martial is to let you know that you have been served notice. What you did was take that notice and improved upon your situation and character. Unless you are brought up on charges of some sort prior to EAS, you shouldn't have any problems getting an honorable discharge. NJP is not a kill switch for an honorable discharge, unless you remain a problem afterward. Anybody know anything different about this?

Credits
    Savings
    I agree, unless there is more to the story........? NJP will not effect your discharge but will effect your reenlistment code and your eligibility for a Good Conduct Medal.

There's no more to the story, the njp is not what I'm worrying about its my average pros n cons that I'm worried about. I have 4.1/3.9 and I think according to the seps manual you need at least a 3.0/4.0 to get an honorable. I think I heard somewhere that its really up to the CO to make the final decision which I hope is true so I could at least try and explain my situation and have a chance to get an honorable. Like I said all I have is that one stupid njp and after that I kept receiving low pros n cons. I'm actually pretty sure a couple of them I was not supposed to get unless I was njped or had a pg 11 stating why I received such low pros n cons. At the time I just didn't really care I had given up on my command.

Credits
    Savings
    Try to be the best Marine for the time you have left in and hopefully everything will work out. Unless you have a real dbag for a CO I'm pretty sure he isn't going to want to mess with the rest of your life for one mistake and you giving up on yourself as a Marine. Good luck Bro.

Credits
    Savings
    Have you thought about staying in ?
    Won't need to concern with the type of discharge right now,you have a job,steady income
    I could go on----
    How many posts do you see ----
    Wish I woulda stayed in
    How do I get back in

Concur about the possible reenlistment thing. Seriously, I would look into THAT first.

And quite frankly, ProCons meet ZERO in the civvie world. All they care about is the Honorable Discharge and the RE code.

Should have taken that NJP to a court martial, it would have probably been dropped.

Credits
    Savings
    Use caution applying the "barracks Lawyer" approach to a solution
    Could cause more trouble than you are equipped to handle

Thread Information