4.1/3.9 pro&con discharge
Create Post

Exclamation 4.1/3.9 pro&con discharge

ok so im pretty much ****ting bricks, here's my story as you can tell i sure as hell wasnt the perfect marine. i guess you can say i dropped my pack when i was NJP'ed after my wife left me took my 6 month old son and ended up with who i thought was my best friend. Obviously i was living out in town and had to move into the most disgusting geo barracks i had ever seen. i didnt know anyone there and i was SEVERELY depressed. I was at the point where i wanted to take my own life. A friend stationed with me from my hometown saw how i was and pretty much invited me to stay in his bachelor barracks for marines that are not drawing BAH so i could keep busy, watch movies, play video games etc... instead of being in a disgusting open squad bay where i had no t.v, internet, and the rooms were separated by cubicles. I have to say if it wasnt for my friend helping me out i dont know if i'd still be alive. Well I was told by my SNCO not to stay over in his room but i continued to and was njp'ed for disobeying a lawful order. never once was i asked why i was staying in his room. Thats the only njp i have and always recieved low pros n cons after that. i wasnt a COMPLETE dirtbag i guess you can say i always did the bare minimum. Got my haircuts every week, showed up on time, did my job and thats it. I know i didnt care cause i was depressed because as soon as i had the guts to see a doctor and be put on medicine i improved a lot. now my average pros & cons in service are 4.1/3.9 and im scared to death i wont get an honorable discharge, can anyone help me with any type of information on that? anything will help! Thank you! oh yeah i was approved for early out which moved my eas to august 14th and with terminal will make me get out on august 1st.

Rules for this site state that you need to fill out a profile. If you do that, you may get some answers. While you are at it, why don't you read the site rules.

thanks, will do!

Can't help you with your discharge question but would like to relate my story which is similar to yours.

First time I went to Okinawa I was a married Sgt. My wife and Jody hooked up about halfway through my 12 month tour. She did not want to send me a "dear John" letter so carried on like nothing was happening. Our plan was to start our familiy when I got back home so I thought everything was cool. However, when I rotated back to Camp Pendleton, my wife picked me up at the bus station, dropped me off at our housing unit on base, threw her bags in the vehicle, informed me that the divorce papers would be served, and swooped! To say I was in a state of disbelief and shock is the understatement of the century. I reported in to my next unit pretty much devastated emotionally as you describe and it was extremely difficult to focus on my job. I sought counselling from the chaplain but that didn't do a whole lot for me. For a brief time I considered suicide but not seriously. I never talked to anyone in my new unit about what was going on which was a mistake because my fitness reports suffered since I was not performing at the highest level. Eventually, our divorce became final and I had to move out of base housing and into a small apartment in San Clemente. Never saw my ex again (fortunately, there were no children involved).

It took a while but I crawled out of my funk, refocused on my career, and rebounded from the one adverse fitness report I got for that reporting period.

The ex defenitely did a job on my brain-housing-group. Always been gun-shy since when it comes to relationships/females and never been interested in remarrying.

Good luck with your situation and I hope things work out for you.

Yeah I wish I could go back and just man up and admit that I needed help. Nothing hurts me more than feeling like I failed in the Marine Corps. I hate it so much. It definitely messed me up bad. Now I feel like I am going to fall back to that state of mind if I do not get an honorable discharge. You have no idea how bad i wish i wouldve rebounded way earlier. I feel so ashamed how i dealt with it. But at least now i can learn from my mistake. Thank you for your wishes!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm having trouble with the math? You graduated boot camp in January and you are still on active duty? Is there brig time or something that might have extended your contract beyond 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I'm having trouble with the math? You graduated boot camp in January and you are still on active duty? Is there brig time or something that might have extended your contract beyond 4 years?

my contract is 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by jm020808 View Post
    Yeah I wish I could go back and just man up and admit that I needed help. Nothing hurts me more than feeling like I failed in the Marine Corps. I hate it so much. It definitely messed me up bad. Now I feel like I am going to fall back to that state of mind if I do not get an honorable discharge. You have no idea how bad i wish i wouldve rebounded way earlier. I feel so ashamed how i dealt with it. But at least now i can learn from my mistake. Thank you for your wishes!
    So, you consistently received conduct marks below 4.0 even after your reporting period that included the NJP? Did you receive a PG 11 on each occasion? Per the IRAM:

"Document the assignment of a conduct mark below 4.0 for any
    reason other than court-martial or NJP (where no reduction was
    awarded) by a page 11 entry."

Here's some more from the IRAM:

3.0 - 3.9 Below Average
    No court-martial.
    Not more than one nonjudicial punishment.
    No favorable impression of the qualities
    listed in paragraph 4007.6a.
    Failure to make satisfactory progress while
    assigned to the weight control or military
    appearance program.
    Conduct such as not to impair appreciably
    one's usefulness or the efficiency of the
    command, but conduct not sufficient to
    merit an honorable discharge.

4.0 - 4.4 Average
    No offenses.
    No unfavorable impressions as to attitude,
    interests, cooperation, obedience,
    after-effects of intemperance, courtesy
    and consideration, and observance of
    regulations.

I did continue receiving pros n cons under 4.0 and never got any pg 11's. I was so unmotivated and depressed that I didnt even care i would just sign and continue on with my day. In the beginning I did care and always looked up rules and regulations when i or another marine was being corrected on something and ONLY brought it up when I knew I was correct and for that reason I believe I was singled out and labeled. I mean we had marines who were Lcpl's on limited duty OVERWEIGHT that were being promoted because they were big brown nosers. There was OBVIOUS favoritism and I was always the one that wasnt afraid to speak my mind. I never did it disrespectfully but because various times I would prove marines above me wrong I was not liked by my previous staff. I guess you could say I was the voice of my fellow marines who were too afraid to speak up. The moral in my unit is very very low and thats with everyone! I hear everyone from the marines on restriction to meritorious **** hot marines saying they can not wait to either PCS EAS or deploy. I've even over heard SNCO's talking about how bad it is. I know this is not how it is in other units and i shouldnt judge the marine corps solely on my experience in this unit. I absolutely LOVE the marine corps but i wasnt too fond of my command. Well anyway i did find out today that i will be getting an honorable discharge (which has lifted a very heavy load of my chest!) and will be EAS'ing August 1st. Who knows maybe I'll give it a second try after I get my degree and make sure things like this dont happen! I've been thinking about it lately, cause i know i sure as hell am gonna miss everything positive that I loved while i was in!

Hey JM020808 I am in a similar situation as you...you said that you found out that you WERE going to receive and Honorable discharge correct? would you mind elaborating on that? trying to find out who i have to talk too... or an order etc...

Thread Information