This mom is proud...!
Create Post

This mom is proud...!

I just returned late last night from visiting my son and I feel very overwhelmed by the visit. It was a fantastic visit, simply because my husband and I got to see him (it had been awhile) and because with this visit I really got a better understanding and appreciation of what he is doing.

He opened up a bit more about his deployment. I knew he had at some point been separated from his squadron while in Afghanistan and was doing something else that didn't involve air frame or helicopters at all, but he had been vague. This time he shared a little more (prompted by a question from me) and all thought of him being a "boy" is completely removed. There is "my boy" always in my memory, but now there is the "man, my son." I was really grateful that he shared what he did until he said "enough about Afghanistan."

Late Saturday evening we drove back on base and he asked permission for us (mom and dad) to visit the hanger, so he could show us what he does and what he works on. I was again overwhelmed as he showed us the Yankee, Zulu and Whiskey in the hanger and around the hanger, shop and office. You know you can see these wonderful fighting machine from a distance but seeing them up close and seeing the guts is a totally different experience ... and hearing a bit of what my son is responsible for (he's a Corporal) was very impressive to this mom ... and of course I was holding back tears of pride.

Anyway it was wonderful to visit... I always like going onto base.
    I uploaded some pictures of the helicopters being worked on ...
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/al...p?albumid=2998
    I hope this link is right ... if not sorry.

It was already dark out so the light was just the light on in the hanger ... but you can still see OK.

When my son said I could sit in the Yankee ... I was stoked!!

yes you sent us a boy and we gave you a Marine gald you got to see what he does and that you are so proud Semper FI Foreverproud

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Great one Jeanne , not Navy birds but at least they stiil fly.....
    Fair winds and following seas

Thank you awbrown and USNAviator!

You have every right to be a proud Mom!

Congratulations to both of you.

Gung Ho,

Ray

It's great that you got to see a little of what he does day to day. That's HUGE for a Marine Parent!!

All the best to you and your family.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Very nice....glad to see that you saw your MAN-SON and the situation is well in hand.

Very cool!

Thanks for the post and pics!!

Ray, MarineDad, Phantom Blooper and Tennessee Top .... thanks so much for taking a look at the pictures and the good wishes.

You should be Proud!!!! Enjoyed the pictures
    Congratulations to you and your son.

Thread Information