New yellow footprint mom
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member Kelly11971's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

New yellow footprint mom

Hi my name is Kelly and I have been reading this wonderful site since
    May April when my 18 year old son Adam enlisted in the Corps.
    I was the only child of a Gunney who did 4 tours in Vietnam. The favorite
    story in our house was my mom went into labor on
    November 9,1971 my dad the Marine that he was told her to
    cross her legs so his son could be born on the Marine Corps
    birthday not only was I a girl but I was born at 11:57 pm November. 9th
    I think my mom did it on purpose. LOL. My dad passed away when he
    was 56 the year after my son was born. I have a picture of them
    in front of my dads Marine Corps flag. Adam has had that flag
    hanging in his room for 17 years. He will be standing on those
    same yellow foot prints my dad stood on and he will be he will graduate
    November 11 2011. Forty years and one day late but I know GySgt.Robert E.King
    will be there with me as I watch his grandson Adam Welch become a Marine.
    I am so proud of him and the choice he and all of are children have made.
    As the proud daughter of a Marine and mom to a future Marine Semper Fi

Wow...that is a beautiful story and I was touched by it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Thank you also for filling out your profile; it's important for us to know who we are talking to.

Are you familiar with the site marinefamilynetwork.com? There you can see the training matrix for bootcamp and be able to keep up with the phase your son is. You will also be able to connect with parents of other recruits in your son's platoon, make new friends, and plan your schedule for family day/graduation. There is also information for "life after bootcamp", deployments, schools, etc.

Congratulations to your son for carrying on your father's legacy in the USMC; I know your father would be extremely proud.

Please keep us updated on your son's progress with his journey to earn the title.

Best wishes to you, your son, your family and, welcome aboard.

Ma'am your son will do great, he'll follow and become the same great Marine your father was by providing the same high standards that your father did in the Corps and in the civilian world.

I hardly post in the Marine family section but this post is worthy of an applaud to you, your son, and your father. May God lead him through this journey to beckon on new beginnings and bring back memories with a new rendition. I haven't earned the right to say "Semper Fi" but I always give respect where its do. Your son will mirror the parenting he recieved and make you family proud.

Yes,Thank you so much for sharing it with us. And all the best for you and your son in the future in the Marine Corps.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What a Great Story and Thank You for sharing it with us all.
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Please keep us posted on Your Sons Progress.
    Here is a link for you to read from my Blog on your sons training.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/blog.php?b=247

Kelly,
    Your Dad would be proud. He will be standing there helping your son through the trials and tribulations of boot camp. The Gunny will be that little extra push when your son thinks he has nothing left to give.

Welcome to the family.

Following Rocky's lead (Rhode Island), here is a link so you can follow what you son is doing from week to week. This one is for PI but SD will be much the same.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/training/schedule.asp

Again, welcome and congratulations.

Kelly,

Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your story. I know your dad will be there on your son's Graduation day .....!

Best wishes to you and your son!

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Dr.Z Adam will be going to PI so that is perfect. I am sure I will have lots of questions.I am very familiar with PI my dad took me there often checking even have a picture of my dad and Iron Mike on my wall

Welcome Kelly. Best wishes to you, your son and your family. Great story!

Kelly;
    Great story and welcome aboard. I'm not sure if you have any of your fathers stuff. After your sons graduation how great would it be for him to have and wear his grandfathers EGA.

Credits
    Savings
    I do have my dads EGA and all his ribbons.They are in a shadow box with the American Flag that
    was on his coffin.Someday Adam will have them but I think wearing his own EGA importent to him he will be be working so hard for it and the title. Someday it will have a place right next to my dads.

Great story Best of Luck to your son

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations to both of you
    Touching story
    Welcome aboard

Simper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Well I was at work today I am a dining room manager at an ALF when Adam called all excited. He had his final IST 17 pull ups 79 crunches and his 1.5 mile in 9:20. SoI told him what a great job he did and that I was proud of him. His ship date to PI was originally 20111212 then it was moved up to20110808 .Today he ends the call with my new ship date is 20110108! Oh and I went 0311.love you bye all this will I have a dinning room filled with 80to 104 year old people LOL I think he did it on purpose so I wouldn't yell I knew 0311 was one of his choices but he was really leaning toward security forces oh well he is going to live his dream and it is his life and his choice and I will support him 100%ok mini rant over

hi kelly great story.your son will do just fine he is following in some big boots he will do you your dad and the Marine Corps with Honor.SEMPER FI

Thread Information