Dress Blues
Create Post

Thread: Dress Blues

Dress Blues

Hello Marines I was wondering at what point in your enlistment do you you get your legendary dress blues?

Convulsive
    Guest Free Member
    You get them issued to you in Boot Camp. Take good care of them.

You get them along with all of your uniforms, right when you start phase 3.

And that hasn't always been the case, the policy goes back and forth. Us old timers either had to buy our own or go to a duty station that issued them to us.

(I rated 2 sets when I checked in to Marine Barracks, Annapolis Md along with 'White Blue Whites')

Got my first two sets issued to me the first time I graduated from Marine Security Guard School at Henderson Hall, VA.

Marines graduating from Marine Security Guard School are also given an additional one-time clothing allowance to purchase civilan dress suits, blazer, dress shoes, shirts, belts, and ties. Normally, you have to buy one set for cold climate and another set for warm climate. The clothing stores around Quantico know in advance when a graduating class gets this allowance and put convenient one-stop buying flyers out offering special bundle packages with everything you need (somehow, their packages costs the exact same amount as the clothing allowance!).

Quote Originally Posted by OGjackafidy View Post
    Hello Marines I was wondering at what point in your enlistment do you you get your legendary dress blues?
    You get them in boot when you begin the third phase. You get them with all your other uniforms.

Thread Information