Another poser question...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another poser question...

Went to do some HVAC work with a friend at his job and met his supervisor...the guy just talked about being a Navy Seal the whole time,evidently according to my friend, he constantly talks about his service.
    Any way to find out if this guy is legit? He's roughly 60'ish, and does have a ring with the SEAL emblem.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA HITMAN View Post
    Went to do some HVAC work with a friend at his job and met his supervisor...the guy just talked about being a Navy Seal the whole time,evidently according to my friend, he constantly talks about his service.
    Any way to find out if this guy is legit? He's roughly 60'ish, and does have a ring with the SEAL emblem.

One question to ask is which Team he was with and where was it located? Ask him about Det Bravo in Nam, if he's that age and served in Nam that is. How many are usually on a Team? ( with support about 300)

The ring means nothing. Try and trip him up with a very basic false question such as "Were you with Team 23 in Kings Point?" No such Team and Kings Point is a sub base in GA. The field MOS in the Navy for Special Warfare is 53XX. So ask him what his MOS was, if he gives you any number besides 53XX, he's a poser. 5320-5328 is the MOS spread for SEAL's

Why is it that so many claim to be SEAL's or Recon or Delta Force. What's wrong with just having served your country honorably no matter which branch and no matter what your MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Why is it that so many claim to be SEAL's or Recon or Delta Force.
    I'd guess they feel if they're going to lie that they should just 'go for it' and live the poser glory lies as long as they can get away with it.
    There are so many losers in humanity that this poser mentality will never go away.
    It's a bit amazing to me that they (posers) are so myopic and don't see that the humiliation of getting busted at stolen valor is far worse than living their worthless life as the loser they really are.....IMO.
    Maybe we can call in some air strikes on these POS's?

No grammar error...I had your approval to not capitalize poser unless is was my last name.
    Carry on....

One question to ask is which Team he was with and where was it located? Ask him about Det Bravo in Nam, if he's that age and served in Nam that is. How many are usually on a Team? ( with support about 300)

The ring means nothing. Try and trip him up with a very basic false question such as "Were you with Team 23 in Kings Point?" No such Team and Kings Point is a sub base in GA. The field MOS in the Navy for Special Warfare is 53XX. So ask him what his MOS was, if he gives you any number besides 53XX, he's a poser. 5320-5328 is the MOS spread for SEAL's

Why is it that so many claim to be SEAL's or Recon or Delta Force. What's wrong with just having served your country honorably no matter which branch and no matter what your MOS?
    Sorry Cdmr.,

The NEC of 53XX is only about 4 years old. Someone who was a SEAL before that time would have kept their enlistment rate and NEC of HM,BM,QM,etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sorry Cdmr.,

The NEC of 53XX is only about 4 years old. Someone who was a SEAL before that time would have kept their enlistment rate and NEC of HM,BM,QM,etc.
    Good point Doc. I stand corrected.

I did get his name off his name tag. However, I won't be seeing him any time soon. Lets say I was not impressed with him.....acted like a Drill Instructor while I was there. I made it a point for him to pipe down several times and he kept it up about his SEAL expertise.

There on the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1955 View Post
    There on the way!!!

No H&I's....fire for effect!...I knew I could count on you for some air support.
    Carry on....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    I'd guess they feel if they're going to lie that they should just 'go for it' and live the poser glory lies as long as they can get away with it.
    There are so many losers in humanity that this poser mentality will never go away.
    It's a bit amazing to me that they (posers) are so myopic and don't see that the humiliation of getting busted at stolen valor is far worse than living their worthless life as the loser they really are.....IMO.
    Maybe we can call in some air strikes on these POS's?

No grammar error...I had your approval to not capitalize poser unless is was my last name.
    Carry on....

Very strange indeed Wayne. Been my observation that the guy that run his mouth about his military/combat experience probably has neither.

I can picture some ancient Roman hanging out at the Baths downing a glass of vino and saying "Yes when I was in the 12th Legion we really kicked those Visigoths right back to where they came from" When in reality he was making tunics and living in Sicily during the whole campaign.

To Me Sounds Like He Is A Poser Because All The Seals I Personally Know Never Brags About Anything,

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    Here is one guy who should have been flogged then keel hauled then hung

Navy SEAL Impostor Gets 27 Months for Fraud!

The Navy Times reports about the sentencing of a SEAL wannabe who conned the government out of more than $280,000 in benefits over seven years.
    Robert Warren was sentenced to 27 months in a federal prison plus three years of supervised release, although Federal Judge Michael McCuskey reportedly said that he would have wanted to add more jail time to Warren, if he were not constrained by the limits of the law.
    Warren was found guilty of the following charges: six counts of wire fraud, four counts of mail fraud, one count of making false statements and one count of Social Security fraud. He received $166,116 in veterans’ benefits and $114,045 in Social Security benefits, which he admitted was through fraudulent means.
    Warren had masqueraded as a decorated SEAL who saw quite a bit of combat, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Ronda Coleman told the Navy Times that he “feigned and exaggerated various symptoms and causes of mental and physical illness and disease causing doctors and other health care providers to conclude that the defendant suffered from PTSD.”
    According to Warren, he developed PTSD after witnessing a fellow crew member aboard the submarine tender Hunley burned and electrocuted.
    Warren enjoyed a 100-percent service-connected disability from Veterans’ Affairs in 2002 and was granted the same rating by Social Security after two years. He presented forged statements to the VA to support his claims, according to court records.

According to Bobby Cox, the executive director of the UDT-SEAL Association, there is no record of Warren even attending Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL school, let alone being a member of SEAL Team Six. He claimed to have fought in Grenada, Panama, Lebanon, and Somalia, but according to Naval records, there is no evidence that Warren ever participated in combat.
    Larry Gillespie – a service representative for the Veteran’s Administration, states that Warren claimed to have been captured following a parachute drop, but was rescued by Force Reconnaissance Marines before he was technically considered a Prisoner of War.
    Retired SEAL commander Captain Larry Murphy stated in an interview that no Navy SEAL has never been a Prisoner of War.
    According to Special Agent John Jones of the Veterans Affairs Office of the Inspector General, Warren claimed to have witnessed an incident on the USS Hunley that left a sailor badly burned. Warren convinced government agents that he was so traumatized that he became eligible for benefits.
    Ricky Bell, the sailor who was actually injured in the 1984 incident, does not receive disability payments.
    Prosecutors – and Bell – determined that Warren could not have possibly witnessed the event.

Credits
    Savings
    Very strange indeed Wayne. Been my observation that the guy that run his mouth about his military/combat experience probably has neither.

I can picture some ancient Roman hanging out at the Baths downing a glass of vino and saying "Yes when I was in the 12th Legion we really kicked those Visigoths right back to where they came from" When in reality he was making tunics and living in Sicily during the whole campaign.
    LOLOL...you show the classical education that can only be from a liberal arts major.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by GT6238 View Post
    LOLOL...you show the classical education that can only be from a liberal arts major.
    Guilty as charged...history. Couldn't hack any of the sciences

Haha....good one....he's the one they should have dropped off the cliff during the observational vetting at birth. (I'm joking)
    Well...my take is the ones who boast the most have done the least.
    Similar to 'believe half of what we see and none of what we hear'.

Carry on...

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I met a guy outside walwart recently. He said he was with 82 paratroopers in Nam in 66-67. Also said he taught jungle warfare training. and later taught at West Point. Inever heard an airborne call thier self paratroopers. And I dont think the 82nd got to Nam till late in the war. And I damn sure dont think this idiot taught at WestPoint.

Thread Information