Military Car insurance?
Create Post

Military Car insurance?

Hello, I had a question on car insurance. Does the Marine Corps or any auto insurance company you know of offer a cheaper car insurance for Marines? I'm currently a 19 yr old PFC with a spotless driving record and my vehicle is a 2001 chrystler concorde and I'm paying 200$ a month with a joint account with my dad. That's saving me around 250$ as is. Any tips or tricks from guys who have been in a little longer who know anything about saving money? Thanks for any and all feedback!

Anything but GEICO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Anything but GEICO.
    Would you recommend any other insurance companies Mstgysgt? i forgot to add i'm currently with AAA

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Try USAA. It specializes in military and military families. My Ex, my oldest daughter, and I do all of our insurance through USAA, including homeowners.

USAA was the best deal for myself. Just go to the websites and do the quotes.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReservist View Post
    USAA was the best deal for myself. Just go to the websites and do the quotes.
    Agreed, have both home and car insurance with USAA. Also have an investment portfolio with them plus a VISA card. They are the best I've dealt with in close to 30 years. Only deal with present and former military members.

Concur. USAA has taken wonderful care of me over the years.

However, as a 19 year old male you are, for obvious reasons, going to be paying a higher rate no matter where you go. That's just statistics the insurance companies use I'm afraid.

But check out USAA anyway.

Hey all, I am looking into switching from NFCU to USAA for banking purposes, and possibly insurance. I've heard its started to go downhill in the last year or two. Many friends push USAA on me and I think this is a good time for a switch.

I've been with NFCU for 10 years. They have never given me problems, but they have never really done anything for me either.

Car insurance...like others said, you're 19..you are gonna pay a lot for insurance. The Corps does not have an insurance company. Even if they did, it would likely be really high because Marines are generally horrible drivers. Good luck man, drive smart...you'l be 25 before you know it and your insurance will be cheap.

The problem is you're under 25, so you are considered "high risk" by all insurance companies, doesn't matter that you are a Marine. Once you reach the age of 25, your rates will decrease drastically. It's insurance law.

SF, Jay

Concur USAA is the way to go. Car insurance and banking needs. With the banking they refund all of the fee's that you incur using a different banks ATM as they do not have their own branch offices and atm's.

USAA for both car and home, in the last year we have been moving more and more towards them for banking and relying a lot less on NFCU

USAA. I have it for my three vehicles and house. Cheap as can be.

As a former Claims adjuster and also an agent for a major insurance company other than USAA.... I highly recommend USAA. J.D. Power and Associates give them the highest marks over all other insurance companies. 2nd to them is Amica. You have to be invited to Amica. Look at Allstate like it was cancer. I wont go into why, but stay away from them.

The reason you are paying so much is that you are yound and you are male. That is why you should shop around. If you go with another insurance company based upon the rate, stay with them a month and verify that your rate has not changed due to creative underwriting or something they did not catch at the point of sale before you cancel with your previous insurance company. Then, take the proof of insurance to your previous insurance company and ask them to backdate the cancellation.

Also, if anyone ever tells you that you have "Full Coverage", it is a lie. There is no such thing as full coverage. You can never have enough. What if you paralyze someone or kill someone and get sued past the limits of your policy? Are you fully covered? Heck no.

If you want a class on what your coverages mean, I will be happy to share on this forum. I think I have typed enough for now.

Thread Information