? For Marines Attending/Have Attended DLIFLC
Create Post

? For Marines Attending/Have Attended DLIFLC

Hi there!

What is the housing like at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA? Do ranks E-1 through E-3 reside in dorms or can they live in apartments? Is there also a curfew for the lower ranks?

I'm hoping to be a Cryptologic Linguist in either Korean, Farsi or Arabic and I couldn't find detailed information online about housing info for DLI. I would save most of my questions for the recruiter, but I would prefer feedback from folks that have attended DLI or knew anyone that did.

Thanks!

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    I can see where this information will come in mighty handy prior to even going to boot camp.
    Especially the breakdown of the housing by pay grade and the details of the housing.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vividadikkshunz View Post
    Hi there!

What is the housing like at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA? Do ranks E-1 through E-3 reside in dorms or can they live in apartments? Is there also a curfew for the lower ranks?

I'm hoping to be a Cryptologic Linguist in either Korean, Farsi or Arabic and I couldn't find detailed information online about housing info for DLI. I would save most of my questions for the recruiter, but I would prefer feedback from folks that have attended DLI or knew anyone that did.

Thanks!
    You'll be living in barracks not dorms or apartments. Unless you're an E-5 or above or married you live in barracks nor matter where you are stationed

But instead of looking so far down the road, why not concentrate on getting into the Corps then making it through boot?

Baker is right on spot. As far as I know there is no curfew at DLI, but then again it has been a few years and things might have changed. Also, concern yourself with getting DEP'd in and guaranteed 267X, you never know, you might not be able to guarantee getting one of those MOS's.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    You'll be living in barracks not dorms or apartments. Unless you're an E-5 or above or married you live in barracks nor matter where you are stationed

But instead of looking so far down the road, why not concentrate on getting into the Corps then making it through boot?
    Thanks for the reply!

Yes, right now I'm training to make above the min requirements for my IST (right now running is my weakest point) and studying for my ASVAB (practice tests on ************* and the ASVAB for Dummies book) on top of my college courses I'm doing already. I'm one of those people that just has to have information on EVERYTHING so I can have a plan B, C, D, E, etc.

Thread Information