Classic strugle between Recruiters and MEPS
Create Post
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Classic strugle between Recruiters and MEPS

    Can some one please tell whats up with this? My recruiters keep telling me to lie to the officials up at MEPS and the RS, while the people there keep trying to "scare" me into telling the truth. They try to intimidate the pooliees and the MoT's and so forth. Could one please explainit to me? Thank you.


  2. #2
    Marine Free Member Kegler300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Posts
    8,629
    Credits
    41,326
    Savings
    0
    Tell the truth. If you lie and enlist, you then have to complete the SF86 for a NACLC background investigation which is a secret clearance level investigation. You lie on that questionnaire to cover up the lie your recruiters told you to tell will have serious consequences.

    There are District and Recruiting Station level waivers for minor concerns. There is no waiver for lack of integrity.


  3. #3
    so how will the Marine Corps find out though? my recruiters keep sayin to others that their medical problems from the past will never come up, like if they had a problem when they were 5 and never had it since


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by James321 View Post
    so how will the Marine Corps find out though?
    Irrelevant.

    I would say do not lie under any circumstances.
    Know that lies, more often than not, will come back and haunt you.

    Although, I'm wary of believing recruiters recommend lying even if their quota is not being met....the same lies can haunt them also.

    Integrity should trump all else.

    That's my take...carry on...


  5. #5
    Marine Free Member Kegler300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Posts
    8,629
    Credits
    41,326
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by James321 View Post
    so how will the Marine Corps find out though? my recruiters keep sayin to others that their medical problems from the past will never come up, like if they had a problem when they were 5 and never had it since
    Did I mention the background investigation...conducted by professional investigators with the U.S. Investigative Service (USIS)?


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    Irrelevant.

    I would say do not lie under any circumstances.
    Know that lies, more often than not, will come back and haunt you.

    Although, I'm wary of believing recruiters recommend lying even if their quota is not being met....the same lies can haunt them also.

    Integrity should trump all else.

    That's my take...carry on...
    Never did hear what happened to the Recruiter and MEPS doctors who sent a blind recruit with "approved paperwork"to Parris Island.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Never did hear what happened to the Recruiter and MEPS doctors who sent a blind recruit with "approved paperwork"to Parris Island.
    Holy sh!t....I never saw that thread.
    I might be going blind.

    Hope all is well DanM

    Carry on...


  8. #8
    Lying is just stupid. And pointless nowadays anyway, with people banging down the door to enlist. Sounds to me, if true, that the recruiters are just being lazy and not wanting to fill out paperwork.

    However, if you have a disqualifying medical condition and you lie about it, YOU are the one who'll pay the price.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Lying is just stupid. And pointless nowadays anyway, with people banging down the door to enlist. Sounds to me, if true, that the recruiters are just being lazy and not wanting to fill out paperwork.

    However, if you have a disqualifying medical condition and you lie about it, YOU are the one who'll pay the price.
    At risk of sounding naive would any recruiter really suggest lying?
    Maybe the 'laziness' you refer to eludes them saying '...just don't mention it' or something of that nature.
    Maybe this particular OP's story is just not clear to me.
    I don't know.....
    Carry on...


  10. #10
    If you are posting on here you better tell the truth. I am not sure if you know that the internet is open to the public but it is. One of the 14 leadership traits is Integrity. Might want to look that up before you proceed any further.


  11. #11
    Oh, haha yeah, thanks for the help I appreciate it. I told them about my ankle when I was told not too. But my buddy told them about seeing a phychiatrist at age 5 when he was told not to. Now he was to wait another few weeks before he can ship and his recruiter is supper ****ed.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    Holy sh!t....I never saw that thread.
    I might be going blind.

    Hope all is well DanM

    Carry on...
    No thread,just personal experience from 40 years ago.


  13. #13
    Again, thanks for the help, much appreciated. But while on the topic, how did this begin, and why do the recruiters/RSS and MEPS/RS personnel clash so much, I know its not just here, all over the Marine Corps.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    No thread,just personal experience from 40 years ago.
    OK.....I misunderstood.
    Either way it's just as hard to believe.

    Carry on....


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts