Weight Lifting
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Weight Lifting

So i searched the forums for this thread and came across nothing.

So who here lifts weights? Please post a few routines, strategies and supplements you may use.

i started doing shoulder press when i joined in February and went from 40 ammo can lifts to 109 in a matter of weeks. I seem to improve fast.

Well, post away.

Honcho, what are your goals with exercise? I can help you come up with a routine based off of your goals.

For me its:

Armstrong Pullup Challenge
    Abdominal work 5 days per week and I change it up every day
    Run at least 3 miles per day, 5 days per week mixing in long distance runs, sprints, and intervals.
    Swim at least 500m per day, 3 days per week.
    Bodyweight squats, lunges, jump squats, burpees, 8-count bodybuilders at least once per week.
    Yoga once per week.
    Shadow boxing a couple times per week.

Once I find out my official ship date I will be signing up at my local gym to begin some compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, and benchpress as well as barbell shoulder press, barbell bicep curl, and calf-raises.

I go to the gym everyday but I have a structured workout that I've been following for a little over a year now. There are certain exercises that work together over the 12 week period that seriously build muscle, tone, and have improved my self esteem as well. I'll see if I can find a link to where I found the book. But the first week, you start off with light weight and 20 reps for 3 sets. The next week, 15 reps for 3 sets. Then 12, then 10, 8, 6, and 4. Then once you hit the heaviest weights you build back up for endurance. 4 to 8, 12,15, and 20. But it has definitely worked. I went from benching 135 in the beginning of my senior year, to benching 215. Squatting 195 to 395. I also take Jack3d before I lift to help with energy and building muscle. I like it but I know that others do not. Just thought I would share. OH! I'd also like to point out that for each workout, its a specific targeted body part so that they each get a week to help build and repair. But we do them all. Chest, back, legs, shoulders, and then arms and abs both have their own day. That's just how I do it, I don't knpw if anyone else on here does.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    P90X all the way. Plus Whey Protein.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGewarges View Post
    Not a fan of P90x LOL.

My routine is pullups everyday.
    And then PT tuesdays/thursdays
    Monday-chest and tris
    Wednesday- back and bis
    Friday-shoulders and legs

As for strategies I always try to go up in weight each week, and I do 3 sets going up in weight for each one, or do more reps on my third set. Make sure you can't complete your 3rd set, if you can go up in weight.

As for supplements, I take weight gainer, glycomaize, glutalyne, kre-akylyne, glucosamine, test booster, athletes vitamin, fish oil, flax oil, caesein protein, whey protein, pure egg whites (add these to my shakes for more protein with 0 fat), and BCAAs. I also have a pre and post workout drink called assault and re-con

Quote Originally Posted by AZTony View Post
    Honcho, what are your goals with exercise? I can help you come up with a routine based off of your goals.

For me its:

Armstrong Pullup Challenge
    Abdominal work 5 days per week and I change it up every day
    Run at least 3 miles per day, 5 days per week mixing in long distance runs, sprints, and intervals.
    Swim at least 500m per day, 3 days per week.
    Bodyweight squats, lunges, jump squats, burpees, 8-count bodybuilders at least once per week.
    Yoga once per week.
    Shadow boxing a couple times per week.

Once I find out my official ship date I will be signing up at my local gym to begin some compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, and benchpress as well as barbell shoulder press, barbell bicep curl, and calf-raises.
    deadlifts aren't too healthy for your back, try some different lifts for it

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    P90x is great, I went from 6 pull ups to 17 in two months of using the classic routine.

On topic the only weights I lift are usually light and I do a bunch of reps to build lean muscle, because there really isn't any reason to bulk up for boot camp when it will most likely just hinder you with the extra weight.

Only way dead lifts aren't healthy is if you do them wrong haha nothing wrong with them.
    If you're only doing light weight and building lean muscle then you need to make sure you can actually do the Pullups, pick up the log, and hump the pack instead of just looking good. Bulk muscle will help with that. It won't weigh you down haha

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by bposey8152 View Post
    Only way dead lifts aren't healthy is if you do them wrong haha nothing wrong with them.
    If you're only doing light weight and building lean muscle then you need to make sure you can actually do the Pullups, pick up the log, and hump the pack instead of just looking good. Bulk muscle will help with that. It won't weigh you down haha
    Well I weigh 180 and do 18 pull ups so I'm not weak, and by light weight I don't mean like ten pounds I mean something that gives the burn at like 15 reps
    And doing higher reps with lower weight will build up muscle endurance which is needed a lot more then being able to bench 310 pounds.

Read my earlier post. My routine has given me bulky muscles that gave more endurance than most. Win-win.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by bposey8152 View Post
    Read my earlier post. My routine has given me bulky muscles that gave more endurance than most. Win-win.
    That's because more than 2/3rds of the workout was all higher reps lower weight which is considered something you can do about 12-17 reps of
    Anyway you can continue getting bulking muscle mass to make yourself feel better about yourself and I'm going to be doing body weight exercises with a weight vest which I find works better then weights

Low weight high reps.......

Ill do 3 sets of 20 on different machines

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    P90X plus recon ron pull up program helps increase your pullups.

I do the armstrong pullup programs M/W/F
    I do crossfit endurance or crossfit leatherneck everyday
    and run 5 days a week. 3 long runs and 2 short runs or vice versa.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    P90X plus recon ron pull up program helps increase your pullups.
    Yeah I just used the pull up push program that I saw on ************* it helped a bit I think I'm going to try that Recon Ron one I keep hearing about it

Thread Information