Sports and Intramurals?
Create Post

Sports and Intramurals?

I know I have seen pictures and heard about the sports that the Armed Services compete in, but how good is the competition? Also what sports are there? I was offered a college scholarship for baseball and I don't think I could just leave the sport that easy haha Is there baseball or just softball? I think I may have seen a picture of football somewhere as well? Thank you ahead of time Marines!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bposey8152 View Post
    I know I have seen pictures and heard about the sports that the Armed Services compete in, but how good is the competition? Also what sports are there? I was offered a college scholarship for baseball and I don't think I could just leave the sport that easy haha Is there baseball or just softball? I think I may have seen a picture of football somewhere as well? Thank you ahead of time Marines!

I don't know about now, with a war on and all, but back in the late 1970s my brother played softball on the USMC West Coast team that did some traveling.

Most bases have intra-mural sports and sometimes organize a team to represent the base in off-base leagues. Of course you could always join an off-base team if your work schedule allows.

I've seen softball, baseball, tackle football, boxing, martial arts of various disciplines, rugby, soccer, tennis, racketball (I played on base leagues in this) and others.

Thank you for the answer Sir. Had always been kind of curious about that.

Thread Information