seeking wisdom from fellow poolees
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

seeking wisdom from fellow poolees

Ok so this morning I went for my final MOT at the main RS before I supposedly leave monday. Well it was pretty comprehensive; stuck us in a conference room for 3 hours straight. the GySgt said if you don't disclose the slightest this, no matter how small it is you will get kicked out of boot. Well when I was going down the checklist they gave me I came accross the question Have you ever been to a hospital/clinic? I put yes on it as I went my sophmore year because I twisted my ankle. They gave me an ice pack and said there was nothing wrong with it and sent me home. So what do you think my chances are of leaving monday now? I didn't disclose this at meps last year because when they asked about medical stuff at meps last year, it was all about implants and whatnot. I didn't think a simple ice pack counted so I put no back then. So what yall think are my chances of leaving monday?

Youre kidding right? Everyone has been to a hospital as long as you didnt leave out anything huge like you have a zipper or something you should be fine. By zipper i mean stitches or huge scars.

Talk to your recruiter about it.

Yep I know that but the GySgt was pretty hard about it saying that little thing might delay my ship date. And my recruiter knows, he said he'll take care of it but I hope that doesn't mean I get delayed.

Most people have been to a clinic, getting vaccines, for physicals, etc.

Just say that...

You'll be perfectly fine as long as it's nothing major. The Docs really just want to know if you had to have surgery and if there were any complications during. Best of luck to you at boot camp, keep your head up and stay motivated.

Yep I lost my ship date. Not going monday anymore :/

What? How?

I asked my recruiter about that paper he says it is referring to while you have been in the DEP not the entire span of your entire life.

I've been pushed back a couple of times you cant let it get to you its just more time to train and prepare you'll be better off with the time if you use it

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Your not the only one, I am not shipping Monday either. It is alright for me though, at least I have more time to pt. July 11th it is.

Why is everyone losing their ship date? lol when I see you fools losing your ship dates i freak out and start asking my recruiter all the questions pertaining to why you guys losing yours. November is already too far away for me already.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Why is everyone losing their ship date? lol when I see you fools losing your ship dates i freak out and start asking my recruiter all the questions pertaining to why you guys losing yours. November is already too far away for me already.
    The paper isn't just during your time in the DEP. Actually covers a good portion of your life. The GySgt asked me have you ever stepped into a hospital for any reason besides being born. Thats where they got me. And he has spend literally 3 hours showing use cases of recruits being discharged in bootcamp because of investigators finding something medical or criminal. He just scared me to the point were I just took a radical choice and put yes. Theres two MOTs you take before you leave. One is a month before you leave and that is a short MOT that lasts probably 10 minutes and is also accompanied with an IST. And then you take a comprehensive MOT that lasts 3 hours in a conference room and thats the wednesday before you leave. That also has a partial ist.

Quote Originally Posted by jeonpaolo View Post
    The paper isn't just during your time in the DEP. Actually covers a good portion of your life. The GySgt asked me have you ever stepped into a hospital for any reason besides being born. Thats where they got me. And he has spend literally 3 hours showing use cases of recruits being discharged in bootcamp because of investigators finding something medical or criminal. He just scared me to the point were I just took a radical choice and put yes. Theres two MOTs you take before you leave. One is a month before you leave and that is a short MOT that lasts probably 10 minutes and is also accompanied with an IST. And then you take a comprehensive MOT that lasts 3 hours in a conference room and thats the wednesday before you leave. That also has a partial ist.
    Yeah that sucks ill have to ask my SNCO about that. Just remember they are going to have the moment of truth thing at boot camp where they are going to make you want to tell them something just so they will leave you alone, or get you to second guess yourself and tell them something even if it is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jeonpaolo View Post
    Now didnt they pretty much ask you some of the same question for MEPS? now silly question is if you said no when you went to MEPS, why is he having you say yes now?

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Now didnt they pretty much ask you some of the same question for MEPS? now silly question is if you said no when you went to MEPS, why is he having you say yes now?
    At meps they asked me questions like have you ever gotten surgery, any diseases, broken any bones, etc. At the MOT the GySgt said have you ever even stepped into a hospital. So I told em about my sprained ankle I got in 2008 that healed the next day and I only got an ice pack for :/ At least I got everything off my chest so Im good to go at bootcamp.

Thread Information