Pull ups in the PFT
Create Post
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Pull ups in the PFT

So we were emailed a "Decision Paper" implementing pullups into the PFT for females. 6 pull-ups is the max for 100pts with the first pullup being 70pts. Each Pull-up there after is worth 5. The FAH is still allowed but each second is a single point up to 70 seconds with 70 points being the max allowed. If implemented they are asking for it to begin 01 Jan. Any thoughts?

Pretty tough. Even in my best physical condition it was hard. When I was in NCO school PT'ing like a rabid dog, I think I only could do like 5 or 6. The muscle is just built different. Along with that change should come some recommendations of how to build that muscle to make it less difficult.

Talking Here's what I think !

I was in the Corps , back when women Marines stayed stateside and out of harms way , as there was no way I'd let a woman be besides me in a combat zone .

There were no women that I seen in Nam , who where Marines , if this has changed than yes they should have the same tests as the males as they are only pulling their own weight !

I'm all for women in combat zone after they show they can do the job , with no excuses !

Lower the standards , and then the Marines have just reached a new LOW !

One test for all !

Thread Information